cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken reflection renders since Quest version 33.0 release

ozan-tribexr
Explorer

Anyone else seeing broken reflection renders on Quest 2 since the version 33.0 software update?

See pic : 

broken_reflections copy.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Angel_RPG
Explorer

I'm having the same issue here since 0.33

Hey Angel, Apparently it's a known Oculus OS issue and they're working on a hotfix. -Ozan

alejandro.a.montes
Honored Guest

Hi! 

I'm experiencing a similar situation with my app since 0.33 made with Unreal (not sure if this is also happening with apps made withUnity). This is happening on any textures using Fresnel that are configured as "2D UI" and have the "Nearest" texture Filter activated. I found a workaround for this, consisting in removing the fresnel, choosing a different filter and configuring the material to be full precision. Though not ideal, at least is removing the visual glitch.

I'm also experience another visual glitch on text placed on widgets, I have horizontal lines that do not allow reading the texts, but I didn't find a workaround for this so far.

Thank you! I couldn't find a link in the forums for a post related to this. 

I have not seen a link in the forum either but our dev relations rep told us that the Oculus devs are on it. However, I checked today and I don't see an OS update and I'm still seeing the reflection issue. Not sure when they'll release the hotfix but I'll post here when I see the fix. -Ozan

JRoogles
Explorer

My team encountered these reflection artifacts as well and found that it was occurring on previously tested builds that were marked good. Glad to see we aren't the only ones. I will be checking for an update as well, hopefully they can get one in very soon. Thanks @ozan-tribexr for posting and relaying the message!