cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy Quest 2 from ANYWHERE but Oculus. Terrible support.

sambartle
Protege
Had dead pixels on my Q2.. so I have RMA'ed it with Oculus.

Arrived on the 27th October at Oculus, as they emailed me to say it had arrived. The email states the replacement will ship within 2-3 days and I will be notified when it does. 

3 working days passed with no notification so I asked by online support chat if they could find out what's going on:

Sam Bartle: Please can you update me on my Oculus Quest 2 replacement. My original headset was received into the service centre 4 days ago.. it says I should have heard about the replacement shipping in 2 to 3 days.
Sam Bartle: RMA Number: 297919321642654
Justin : Hello Sam. Thanks for reaching out to Oculus Support.
Sam Bartle: HI Justin
Justin : Okay please wait for a few minutes, around 3-5 minutes while I look into this.
Sam Bartle: No problem. thanks
Justin : By the way, support ticket #1702717 is created for you.
Justin : May I ask, have you checked your email? Even in the spam folders?
Sam Bartle: Yes. I got the email stating it had been received in the service center
Sam Bartle: Tue, 27 Oct, 13:25
Justin : Alright, kindly wait 3-5 minutes while I further check into this.
Sam Bartle: But nothing since that
Justin : We would apologize for the delay due to the large amount of concerns. Please bear with us during these times as we will keep you updated as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and understanding with us.
Sam Bartle: OK.. Doesnt really answer my question of where is the product.. but ill give it a little while longer
Sam Bartle: thanks
Justin : As of the moment I cannot verify the status of your replacement. However, I could make a follow up with the designated team regarding your concern.
Sam Bartle: Yes please do. Thanks
Justin : Okay I shall make a follow up with them. Is there anything else I could help you with?

Since the response doesn't even make any sense " We would apologize for the delay due to the large amount of concerns. " and certainly doesn't answer my One concern - where is it? I tried on twitter:

Can you check an RMA? Supposed to be 2-3 days. Its now been 4 since confirmed arrived. Live chat support aren't making sense. "We would apologize for the delay due to the large amount of concerns. As of the moment I cannot verify the status of your replacement."

Hi Sam, when a return arrives at the warehouse, we estimate 3-5 business days before the replacement ships out. If after 5 business days there's still no notice of your replacement dispatching, reach out again so we can investigate any potential delays. Thanks!

So.. a totally different number of days to the website and the email.. and yet still 5 days passed, so I went back to them as suggested.. They didn't bother to reply. 

I try the web chat again:

Sam Bartle: Please can you find out what is happening with RMA: 297919321642654. The replacement should have been shipped out days ago and nothing has happened.
Karen M: Thank you for chatting Oculus Support. This conversation is documented on this ticket #1718165
Karen M: Sorry. Its ticket number 1718171
Karen M: I understand that you're asking about the status of your replacement.
Sam Bartle: Yes
Karen M: I would be happy to look into this for you
Karen M: Thank you for providing those information.
Sam Bartle: My original device arrived on the 27th October.. and the email from oculus states the replacement should ship in 2 to 3 days.. its been 6 working days now, and I haven't had the shipping confirmation.
Karen M: Thank for that details. Give me at least 3-5 minutes here to check the status of your replacement. Hold on please
Sam Bartle: No problem, thanks
Karen M: Still checking.... hold on. Thank you
Karen M: Yes, you are correct, we have receive your device last Oct 27. We do apologize for the delay but we will revert back to you the soonest once we have rectify and fix the issue.
Sam Bartle: Thats what I keep hearing. Can you somehow escalate actually doing that as theres nothing to fix, its supposed to just be a replacement
Sam Bartle: It just needs posting out.
Karen M: I understand. We are going to look into this more thoroughly and will require more time to look into possible options available to you.
Sam Bartle: Yes. Thats the same scripted answer I got last time
Sam Bartle: No one got back to me
Sam Bartle: And the device didnt turn up
Sam Bartle: There are no options open to me.. you have the device.. I need you to send the replacement
Karen M: I see. Hold on...
Karen M: Thanks
Karen M: Still checking
Karen M: Please bear with me
Karen M: Thank you
Karen M: I believe you did not receive the tracking number yet? right?
Sam Bartle: Correct
Sam Bartle: I got an email saying the RMA had arrived at oculus and that email said I would be senbt a tracking number when the replacement weas shipped. I have not received the tracking number, and I assume it has not shipped yet.
Karen M: Yes, it has not shipped yet. As I can see here on our system, your product is still active and still on processing status.
Karen M: I cannot provide you an specific time for you to receive the item but rest assured that it will be delivered soon.
Sam Bartle: Ill believe that when I see it
Sam Bartle: And if it doesnt arrive soon?
Sam Bartle: Since its already past the stated date by more than double.
Karen M: Again, we do apologize for this delay. We will take responsibility. I know that saying sorry can't make any difference ,however, we still ask your patience and understanding.
Sam Bartle: OK I will wait a bit longer
Sam Bartle: I cant just wait forever though.. someone has to do something
Karen M: You are correct. I already escalated here on my end as well. Thank you so much

Don't worry they say.. it'll arrive soon..(despite them not having shipped it)  Thanks Karen.

So I try by email to support:

Thank you for contacting Oculus Support. I understand you are reaching out regarding the status of your order, and I would be happy to provide you with an update.
I have looked into your order for you, and it looks like your order has processed via our system. If there are any issues you will be notified by email. You can also view your order status by the steps outlined on our public support page here.
Once the product has shipped, you will receive an email with a tracking number to be able to monitor the shipment.
I will be closing this ticket, please reach back out for any future questions or concerns.
Kind regards,
Julie Ann

I didn't ask about my order, and the page linked has nothing to do with RMAs. They closed the ticket though so I had to open a new one. Good work. Reading Skills are as good as their English writing skills I see.

I try again on a new ticket:

Thank you for reaching out Oculus Support.
I understand that you are inquiring about the Quest 2 replacement and I appreciate you providing those details. I'll be glad to assist you.
We are going to look into investigating this more thoroughly and will require more time to look into possible options available to you.
Thank you for your extended patience and understanding, we will do our best to get back to you with more information or an update in the next 3-5 business days.
Kind regards,Erwin

Again, great English.. missing some words like "to" - yet more vague promises to do something in up to 5 days.. as yet unspecified.. 

In short.. I should have bought it from Amazon. Oculus support is basically non-existent, I would highly recommend no-one buys from Oculus direct. I've also cut out some of the responses by email as they also made no sense whatsoever or were totally irrelevant. 

3 REPLIES 3

sambartle
Protege
Not sure why the forum has removed the line breaks from the code tags here (I pasted in plain text with line breaks).. makes it tricky to read. Id report the fault about the forum, however since I already know support are worse than useless I wont bother. 

andrew_otherton
Explorer
This sounds scarily similar to issues I'm having now. The chatroom, terrible English, non-sensical replies. Terrible customer service for such a large organisation. Did you ever get your issue resolved? I'm seriously considering taking this up with my credit card company. Stupidly thought going direct to Oculus would result in better customer support! Shockingly bad from Oculus 😞

I even told Oculus support that they perhaps ought to consider learning from places like Amazon and Ring who have superb customer support in comparison. Obviously, I just got a gibberish response back 😕

myfire888
Explorer
so, have u got ur replacement ? 
I'm so worried because I need the replacement too