cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying an Oculus Quest 2 from a friend

francesco_2013
Protege
Hello guys,

I already own an Oculus Quest 2 and I am using it with my facebook account and all it is good. A friend of mine unfortunately for personal reasons cannot use his Oculus Quest 2 anymore and he would like to sell it to me. His headset is linked to his facebook account. 

Is it possible to buy his headset and use my fb account on both Oculus 2 ? I mean same account on two Oculus 2 at the same time. I would like to give it to my daughter  for christmas.

In case I would buy it how can I replace the facebook account of my friend, the eventual previous owner, with mine ?

Thank you very much in advance ! 
2 REPLIES 2

Yachats
Protege
Factory reset should clear the previous owners facebook info. Not sure you can register 2 Oculus 2's to the same facebook account, however. I've read some issues on this forum with people who have tried that, so do your research first or both Oculus's may stop working. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oculus cleared out some rumors, that using multiple devices on a single facebook account does not result in ban, just one month ago. Now, what does it have to do with your case? If Oculus themselves acknowledges the use of multiple devices, then the suggestion would be that it should be working.