cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANNOT PLAY PC VR GAMES WITH LINK ON QUEST 2!!!

Josh9387
Explorer
As the title states IM SUPER PISSED OFF!!! I have tried EVERYTHING to get this to work and now its a paperweight when it comes to pc games. I have reinstalled the software, repaired it, set different priorities under oculus in the task manager, restarted my pc a million times and NOTHING!!! This product is about to go bacm to bestbuy as I literally cant play pc vr games at all with it NOTHING!!! My rig: i9 10700, rtx2080 graphics card, 32 gb of ram, 2 wd harddrives, corsair 750 watt psu along with a cpu cooler. I'm about 10 seconds away from going to the store and returning it unless you guys know any and I mean any fix to this shit!!!
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you considered Virtual Desktop to play them Wirelessly ?
Worth 10 bucks to try and a must have tool for the Quest anyway ?
Just a thought. 

ellismusic1
Expert Protege
Try this see picture.aeqtbar33yxj.jpg

twisteklabs
Heroic Explorer
Have you configured your Quest 2 as a new device in Oculus desktop app? After this, you have to open the Oculus desktop app, connect the link cable, turn on Q2 headset, decline file transfer alert, and once the home loads up go to the settings and enable link to start desktop mode. If you have done this and are still not able to connect, you can try the other wireless desktop options.
CPU: Intel i5-4690K Mobo: ASUS Z97-AR Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 1080 SC

Josh9387
Explorer
Ghank you so much for all your advice I will try all those options and see if they work!!

Josh9387
Explorer
Ok so I have tried all of that and it works now but the temperatures rise super fast like as soon as I grt into any mind of vr game it takes less than 10 minutes to get past 60c honestly so frustrated at this point Im thinming about returning it!!! On top of that I usally have to change priority settings and or restart my pc once or twice just to get it working.  Such a horrible and frustrating experience I just want the damn thing to work!!! Again the rift s does not even go up to 60c last time I played it stays between 55c_57 at the most but with thr quest 2 temps have gone up to high 60s even 70c then I just start experiencing fps drops and all the other lovely bs that would ruin any great vr experience. It just makes no sense whatsoever why I have to have my fans blasting whenever I use my quest 2 to make sure my pc doesnt melt but with the rift s everything is simple and easy. It sucks because I really like the quest 2 a lot especially the wider fov and better display

kyleraykbs
Honored Guest
try using another cable or virtural desktop or alvr if you have good internet
you also may be using a cable that to too long try buying the 10 foot cable
by searching "kiwi oculus link cable"

MystaMagoo
Heroic Explorer

Josh9387 said:

Ok so I have tried all of that and it works now but the temperatures rise super fast like as soon as I grt into any mind of vr game it takes less than 10 minutes to get past 60c honestly so frustrated at this point Im thinming about returning it!!! On top of that I usally have to change priority settings and or restart my pc once or twice just to get it working.  Such a horrible and frustrating experience I just want the damn thing to work!!! Again the rift s does not even go up to 60c last time I played it stays between 55c_57 at the most but with thr quest 2 temps have gone up to high 60s even 70c then I just start experiencing fps drops and all the other lovely bs that would ruin any great vr experience. It just makes no sense whatsoever why I have to have my fans blasting whenever I use my quest 2 to make sure my pc doesnt melt but with the rift s everything is simple and easy. It sucks because I really like the quest 2 a lot especially the wider fov and better display

Temps of what exactly?
pc or quest2?
pc those temps are perfectly fine,not high at all.
Quest2 has a higher resolution than rift s
make sure link settings are default
Antec Quattro ~ Asrock Taichi X399 ~ Threadripper 1920X ~ 32gb 3200mhz GSkill ~ RTX3060ti ~ m.2 970evo

goff.daniel
Honored Guest

100 Percent regret purchasing the quest 2, no technical support. I really feel like my device is defective. All I want to do is play PC games on my quest 2 and I have watch 30 something videos and spent hours trying to figure this out.