cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Watch 360 Videos from USB?

Queesh
Honored Guest

I want to get a Quest 2 for 360 video watching while on a stationary bike. I see some YouTube tutorials mentioning how, but then I see some posts mentioning Quest 2 doesn't support USB without a complicated workaround. Don't know which is current.

I live in the middle of nowhere so my WiFi is not fast. I don't want to watch 360 videos on some YouTube app in 480p. I plan to download the videos in high quality so I can watch them clearly while exercising. I don't want to constantly transfer cycling videos back and forth into my Quest 2 if I don't have to. Would be a lot easier to keep all of my cycling videos on drives that I can keep by my exercise bike.

Am I able to watch them from a USB-C to USB adapter with a flash/thumb drive or possibly a USB-C to microSD adapter since I have a spare 1 TB microSD card. I read somewhere the drive will have to be formatted to FAT32 (if USB drives can still be used). If so, is there a maximum file size thumb drive/microSD card the Quest 2 can handle? 

If anyone does this, are there any latency issues while rotating your head while reading the file from a USB drive?

This goes for any 360 videos I download from YouTube, but mostly going to be used for cycling. Thank you.

0 REPLIES 0
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?