cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i play VR Games from Steam on my Quest with Link?

xBlueEnergy
Level 2
Hey,
Im coming from HTC Vive and i was able to play VR Games from my PC -> VR goggles. However im facing some issues now the Oculus Quest.

I bought Half-Life on Steam VR. However im unable to play it. Steam is showing that it recognized my Goggles through SteamVR. But the screen stays black... Im getting the standard 3 dots. And then black screen with my boundrays.

Is steam not supported yet?
8 REPLIES 8

iller_saver
Level 2
yes

xBlueEnergy
Level 2

yes

Any idea about the future?

enigma01
Level 10
Steam is supported. I’ve personally played several games on my Quest on Steam and via Oculus Link, including HL Alyx. 

xBlueEnergy
Level 2

enigma01 said:

Steam is supported. I’ve personally played several games on my Quest on Steam and via Oculus Link, including HL Alyx. 

Thats strange. What might being the issue?
Steam is detecting my Goggles / Controller. However the screen on the goggles are black with the boundrays. (The app called is Oculus Link).

enigma01
Level 10
Are you running on a laptop with multiple GPUs? 

Have you checked that your GPU is compatible with Oculus Link?

synchromesh62
Level 9
Even better if you buy Virtual Desktop for the Quest..
You can play them wirelessly.

xBlueEnergy
Level 2

enigma01 said:

Are you running on a laptop with multiple GPUs? 

Nop on my "VR-Ready MSI with RTX 2070 Super" PC.... Should be okay i guess. No intel graphics or so.

Even better if you buy Virtual Desktop for the Quest..
You can play them wirelessly.

Bought it! But first i need some better router haha.

Pixie40
Level 9
Yeah, I should get a better router too. It might not help any that the only place my modem and router can go is across the room from where my PC is set up. Can't really move the PC over there either, since that would take up a good sized portion of my VR play space.

Well, I suppose I could move the dining room table (used as a computer desk) into the livingroom area, move some book shelves and a garbage can, and use the Dining area for a VR playspace. It's a 7 foot by 8 foot area after all. Apparently.
Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.