cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not set up oculus quest to my phone

cgroninlab
Honored Guest

cgroninlab_0-1661595280274.png 
Does anyone have the same problem as me? My phone and Oculus quest2 have been unable to pair successfully. Tried many times, including re-downloading the APP and resetting oculus

50 REPLIES 50

Deleted

I found that too, only issue is I don't get a prompt from the developer hub for my WiFi, it just says: "Please update your headset firmware to the latest release." which is stupid because I'm stuck at the setup screen so there's no way to update it aside from flashing firmware which is equally as stupid as you could literally brick your headset doing that.

Any ideas?

I was finally able to finalise the initial setup 2 hours ago. I didn't try today with my Iphone but tried with my son Android galaxy s6 lite tablet. Installed the App 178.0.0.5.105, the device was already listed and I selected the option to finalise the setup. 2 seconds after the pairing was done and successful.

It worked the first try today so I don't know if something was done on Meta side or if it is the switch to the android tablet that did the trick.

So maybe you can all try to delete/reboot/reinstall the app and see if it unlocks.

xXMegaUltraChickenXx
Honored Guest

Having this issue as well…..amazing that a $400 device won’t even work after getting a replacement for my first unit that DIDNT WORK. Oculus sucks so bad

Just to stay on brand Oculus sucked... now Meta sucks. 😉

ezra.metaverse
Honored Guest

Same issue here. Things I've tried:
- I've tried factory resetting the headset multiple times

- I've tried logging in/out of my meta account on the oculus app

- I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the oculus app

- I've tried installing the oculus app on two different iPhones (iphone 6s and iphone 5 SE)

None of these things work, and my oculus is completely useless now.

Update (2 hours later) SOLVED: This is clearly an issue with the iOS app, not the oculus headset device. I was able to finally get my oculus working by installing the oclulus app on an old Android phone, logging in, and then pairing the headset with the Android phone. For anyone without an Android phone, maybe you have a friend who has an android that you can temporarily log in on just to get your oculus past the pairing stage. This is actually a solution that works today, instead of having to wait on the developers to push and approve a new iOS app release. Meta, lmk if you are hiring 😉

Floksha
Explorer

I have the same problem. I had the 53% battery bug and META sent me another refurb quest 2 with this impossible initial set up bug. I have tried various factory reset tried it with 1 iphone and 2 android phones, cleared the cache multiple time, erase the mobile app and downloaded again. Nothing is happening and impossible to connect the headset. They say that the problem is known and their team is working on it but I think we should all send back our headsets and ask for replacement because this won't be solved. Devices are probably faulty and there's probably nothing they can do server side to solve the problem. 

One of my many emails back and forth with Meta Support posed that exact question.  Perhaps there's a bad batch that doesn't communicate, has anyone considered this?

That question was completely ignored as I was fed the same yarns, "working tirelessly" blah blah blah, your case will be the first we resolve, blah blah blah

I'm pretty sure Meta Support is just bots at this point and any engineers they have are off for the holiday weekend.

Day 6 for me and might as well count day 7.  Happy Labor Day everyone. You know what I'll be doing?

Not playing with my Meta: Quest to find the wi-fi. 

Who's looking forward to blowing money on the next big expensive fancy Meta Quest Pro, I wonder how much I can spend to look at this hand removing a battery tab in style.

Or maybe I'll just pile my money up and set it on fire.  Watching it burn would be more interesting. 

I have a Samsung phone running Android 9 and my quest 2 can't pair to the Oculus mobile app, 'software update required' but can't finish the setup, can't connect to wifi, I've tried everything that's been suggested. Oculus support still say they're aware of this global issue and their engineers are working so hard to fix this issue bla bla bla...... I've been waiting 10 days to use my new headset