cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Merge Accounts

mshoutoculus1
Honored Guest
We have an Oculus Quest 1 at work where I used my personal Facebook account with.  Today, I just received my Oculus Quest 2 for my personal device at home.  However, I am getting "Can't Merge Accounts".  This Facebook account is already linked to another Oculus account.  Please contact Oculus support for help with merging this Facebook account with a different Oculus account.  I emailed support as they requested, but I have a brand new Oculus Quest 2 and I don't want to have to wait the 2 days to get it straightened out.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
18 REPLIES 18

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi there, if you are having difficulties accessing your Facebook account and it's preventing you from accessing Oculus, please reach out to the Oculus Support team with your device serial number so that we can be of assistance! -Kassidy
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

mshoutoculus1
Honored Guest
Just an update from this morning.  I received another reply from Oculus Support:

"Thank you for reaching out to Oculus Support. 

I understand that you are trying to unlink your Facebook account from your previous Quest device. I appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you have already tried and for working with us on this.

We are going to look into your issue more thoroughly and will require more time to look into possible options available to you or further troubleshooting steps.

Thank you for your extended patience and understanding, we will do our best to get back to you with more information or an update. 

If you have any other questions, do reach out to us at Oculus Support for any further inquiries. We're here to support you 24/7."

I can't in my wildest imagination understand how they would overlook or cause such a thing as not making it easy to unlink a Facebook account from Oculus.  I have a brand new Quest 2 rendered just about useless until I receive a solution from support.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
You can launch the Quest 2 now with your Facebook account, but unfortunately you won't have access to the library of your personal Oculus account, since your Facebook account has been merged with your work Oculus account. Depending on whether you have any apps on that account, you could at least get up and running and try out the Quest 2.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

DoctorOctavia
Honored Guest
Sounds like the same boat here too, although can't understand why.

Oculus app on phone says can't merge because the account is already merged.

I log into the oculus account on oculus.com and check Facebook settings and it says I'm currently logged out of Facebook

No further forward and still awaiting replies. Any ideas or someone who fixed this issue?
Cheers

mshoutoculus1
Honored Guest
I'm feeling blatantly ignored by Oculus support now.  I wrote them this morning and I haven't received any replies.  We were replying back once an hour last night.  Oculus Support Staff, I saw that you replied on this post early this morning.  If you see this, can you PLEASE help us find a solution.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I did see some Reddit posts about Oculus support resolving incorrectly merged accounts, so there is hope. I'm sure they're swamped today, so it might be a bit slower than usual.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

RedIze
Explorer
this is BS did anyone get it resolved?  wheres the link to chat? im gonna SUE

korzman
Protege
still stuck in the "rest assured we are looking into it" loop. Been weeks. still nothing

meno23
Honored Guest
Ive had the same problem but it was resolved.  I remembered that a while back I had a oculus gear vr.  I would use my phone as a vr and signed in with that oculus gear account.  I had to go to my old samsung phone with the gear vr installed and unlink it.  Oculus Gear vr and the current Oculus app are different platforms. Hope this helps.