cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log in the meeting rooms of Workrooms

leoye
Honored Guest

I was stuck here at this page. but I Don't know how to fix it.

After a few minutes of stuck, Workrooms showed the tips: Disconnected from the server. 

MY workrooms account is : gushan@anve.com

Oculus account is : Leoye 

Email: gushan@anve.com 

242292937_243832457576242_861952127108033296_n.jpg

14 REPLIES 14

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there. This sounds strange and we want to help figure this out with you to get you back in the VR. Have you tried rebooting your headset?
To do so, please follow these instructions:

1. With your headset on, hold the power button on the right side of your headset down until you're prompted with a shut-down screen.
  2. Select Restart to reboot your Oculus Quest.

If this does not solve the problem, please submit a ticket and a member of our team will get back to you as quickly as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

yes, I had restarted it multiple times. Looks like the same situation.

dcollodi
Honored Guest

I've recently run into this exact same issue.  I had been using Workrooms regularly, and successfully, around a month ago.

Recently, when I try to connect to my Workroom, I see the same behavior as the original poster - it will hang on the loading screen (as in the photo on the original post) for around a minute (the progress bar will get to ~90% and hang), and it will take me back my desk and give a "Disconnected From Server - Check Your Network Connection" message.

Strangely enough, yesterday I tried creating a new Workroom and I was able to connect to that on the first time.  Trying again today, I'm no longer able to connect to either of my Workrooms.  Attempting to create another new Workroom today does not work - I simply can't connect anywhere.

Hey there, we would like to offer you our support. In order for us to best assist you, we would like to ask if you could please fill us in on the troubleshooting steps you have tried recently?

We ask this just so we don't back track on any steps you have tried in the past.

Lastly, we would like to ask if you've tried the following:

• Uninstall the app.
  • Hard Reboot your headset.
  • Reinstall the app.

Please be sure to respond here with the details requested, so we can work together to resolve this matter.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

dcollodi
Honored Guest

Thanks for getting back so quickly!

I've run some tests and I think I have a better idea what's happening now.

I have Comcast XFinity internet with Mesh WiFi extenders (Comcast-branded xFi Pods) to get a good wi-fi signal to the home office.

When connecting directly to the gateway, I'm able to join Workrooms and use Oculus Remote Desktop.  When connected to one of the extenders - both the remote desktop and joining a Workroom don't work.  For reference, the extender I'm connecting to is, in turn, connected directly to the Gateway, so it's only one hop away.

Note that Workrooms was working over the same extender previously.  I suspect that either a Comcast update or Oculus update over the last month has caused this to no longer work.

It looks like the extender's firmware was updated sometime after 8/18/2021, and I know the Quest 2 was updated to v33 recently, unfortunately I can't tell when the Gateway's firmware was last updated.

Hey there, that is awesome to hear that you had the chance to figure out where this problem could lie. Since the Workroom is still in Alpha, it is constantly changing. 

We would love to offer you with more assistance on this issue, by directing you to our support page. There, we have a necessary tool that will help us to confirm where the root of this matter lies.

When doing so please be sure to add your logs, should you need more information on how to do such I will leave the steps below:

1. Open the run window (Windows key + R)
2. Enter and run: C:\program files\oculus\support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
3. Wait for the executable file to pop up
4. Select logs for the last 24 hours
5. Wait for the log collection to finish. It should pop up a Windows Explorer window at the location of your newly collected logs.
6. It automatically generates a zip file and copies the zip to the clipboard so you can paste it to your desktop
7. Attach this zip file to your next support response

Please be sure to connect with us through email or our live chat, as well as provide the requested information.

E_Birtualak_Tknika
Honored Guest

Hi!
We have experienced the same problem. Have you solved it already?
THANKS

dcollodi
Honored Guest

Just to provide an update, I am still seeing this issue.  I have upgraded my xFi mesh network extender to a newer version 2 model.  Unfortunately I’m still not able to connect to workrooms when connected to the xFi extender.

I was able to set up a Linksys (non-mesh) WiFi extender and connect through that - this works fine and I’m able to join workrooms successfully.  
There are other apps, Bigscreen Beta is an example, that will also connect through the Linksys extender, but not the xFi mesh extender.

DKeisan
Explorer

Hello! I'm also in a similar trouble. In my case, the progress bar doesn't move at all when I try to connect to the workroom. After about a minute, it times out and gives "Disconnected From Server" message.
I'm using Wifi settings of my workplace. There are 2 Wifi settings in my workplace, and one Wifi works correctly while another doesn't work. I'm asking the technical manager about the differences between these two Wifi settings. This may give the clue to the problem. I will post here as soon as the information is available.

My friends say that this may be a proxy server matter. Is it possible that we have to add something to the white list, the list of the servers which the proxy server allows to connect?

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?