cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pair Quest 2 in app

Bleppe
Adventurer
I got my Quest 2 today but it won't let me pair it in the app. There's not even an option to pair the Quest 2 in the app, only Quest 1. Is this option locked until tomorrow when the official release date is? 
25 REPLIES 25

Bleppe
Adventurer

enigma01 said:

Bleppe said:

Yeah I've been checking for updates but nothing so far. It updated 2 days ago. 

My iOS app said it last was updated 2 days ago also, I didn’t see Quest 2 earlier today, but just appeared in the last couple hours. 

Ah the plot thickens. Trying on my galaxy s20+. Maybe I should try on the iPad instead ?

bluesharpguy
Honored Guest
lol I got mine shipped from best buy on saturday 3 days early. I tried for 2 hours to get it set up even with the live oculus chat support guy helping ( apparently he didnt know the update was needed ) lol he had me do 3 factory resets every time it got stuck in that reset loop. I finally tried it Sunday afternoon and it paired and updated so I have been using it since then. I cant believe the oculus customer service chat guy didnt know that or was he just messing with me wasting my time lol But bottom line is I have been using mine and its working fine since sunday afternoon

Bleppe
Adventurer

lol I got mine shipped from best buy on saturday 3 days early. I tried for 2 hours to get it set up even with the live oculus chat support guy helping ( apparently he didnt know the update was needed ) lol he had me do 3 factory resets every time it got stuck in that reset loop. I finally tried it Sunday afternoon and it paired and updated so I have been using it since then. I cant believe the oculus customer service chat guy didnt know that or was he just messing with me wasting my time lol But bottom line is I have been using mine and its working fine since sunday afternoon

Did you pair it with an android device or iOS device? I still don't have the option to pair a Quest 2 in my phone but I can do it on my iPad. 

Bleppe
Adventurer
Solved it. It popped up after I reinstalled the app. 

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer
Yea, a bug I guess. You have to clear the cashed data or reinstall the whole app. iOs worked without a problem, it is just Android. 
Meta Facebook Community Accelerator 2022 winner
Facebook Community Partner
Founder of the Meta Quest VR Familie - The largest German Facebook Group for VR and Metaverse
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusvrgermany/

Pic0o
Protege
I was having the same issues and was going bonkers. I only saw pairing for Quest 1 and entering the code from Quest 2 headset would fail.  Reinstalling app on my android mobile now.
Thank you for the screenshots too.  Great to see and know what to expect.

I saw an update to app installed yesterday but apparently had an issue applying the change and showing the Quest 2 pairing options.  Once I loaded the reinstalled mobile app, it even saw my Quest 2 needed to pair and finished the process on it's own. All good now 🙂

payt69
Protege
I had the same issue. After trying to enter the code a million times, i decided to uninstall the app and then reinstall it, and that solved it!

burnerbob70
Honored Guest

Bleppe said:

I got my Quest 2 today but it won't let me pair it in the app. There's not even an option to pair the Quest 2 in the app, only Quest 1. Is this option locked until tomorrow when the official release date is? 

Clear your cache and data from the app on your phone, i did that and relogged in and the Quest 2 showed up.

PITTCANNA
Visionary
To force update uninstall the app, then re install it

mirnj
Honored Guest
I having the same issue just de installed and installed oculus app in your android phone