cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pair Quest 2 in app

Bleppe
Adventurer
I got my Quest 2 today but it won't let me pair it in the app. There's not even an option to pair the Quest 2 in the app, only Quest 1. Is this option locked until tomorrow when the official release date is? 
25 REPLIES 25

tacman1123
Honored Guest
Same issue, I managed to pair it via Bluetooth, and my FB and Oculus accounts are linked.  So I'm able to log in and buy games, BUT before each game, it says I'm not set up and would I like to buy it anyway.  I do, and I can play the games, but because I'm not linked, I can't follow the directions to set up the Oculus as a developer (so I can push my own APK's from Unity builds to test them).  I've done everything except Factory Reset, but I'm frustrated with being told to enter the 5-digit code to pair the device but it's not on the screen. 

spotzup
Explorer
I had the same problem, Android app updated and no option to pair a Quest 2 (selected Quest wouldn't find the device). I googled it, found this thread, and uninstalled/reinstalled the app which solved it for me.

uhh2
Honored Guest
The option to pair the Quest 2 wasn't showing up on the ios app.  Closing and relaunch the app fixed it.  

God_Kray
Honored Guest

Same issue, I managed to pair it via Bluetooth, and my FB and Oculus accounts are linked.  So I'm able to log in and buy games, BUT before each game, it says I'm not set up and would I like to buy it anyway.  I do, and I can play the games, but because I'm not linked, I can't follow the directions to set up the Oculus as a developer (so I can push my own APK's from Unity builds to test them).  I've done everything except Factory Reset, but I'm frustrated with being told to enter the 5-digit code to pair the device but it's not on the screen. 

how did u resolve?

aw9572
Honored Guest

I cant pair from the account of an added, secondary user of the Quest 2 headset.
Is that expected?
Sometimes the app says "look for the code on the headset"
Other times it says "found the code automatically" but then it hangs.

clamum83
Explorer

This is for the *Android* app. I was also having this problem and uninstalling and re-installing the Oculus app did nothing.

What I did was click the "Not Now" when it was asking me to pair the headset, then that allowed me into the app. In the top left it had selected "Quest/Quest 2" already (you can also click this and select the proper headset if the right one isn't selected). Then I think it asked to pair automatically.

Either way, if you're having problems, I suggest clicking "Not Now" in the app at first and then you can get into the Oculus app without pairing. Then go to "Settings" and you should be able to pair from there, if it hasn't prompted you automatically.