cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pair with app?

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Proper bollox this. I uninstalled app and then reinstalled. When it asks to enter the 5 digit code it fails to find the headset. Any pointers? Proper anti-climax I feel like throwing it out the window. 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
13 REPLIES 13

Fishstaebchen
Protege
Restart your phone and / or turn Wifi, Bluetooth off for a few seconds. Turn everything on again and try again to enter the 5 digit code from the Quests Display.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Not working. Doesn't want to recognize the 5 digit number. All this phone crap has always been contentious for me and now this just reinforces that. I know many people hated this with the Oculus GO. A standalone headset which requires phone to work. It's just a dead weight right now until support can offer advice. 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Eispfogel
Expert Protege
Had the same issue with the Go and had to upgrade to a new phone(only had Windows Phones before....)
If you have another phone, or a tablet with IOS/ Android - try that!

May i ask which phone you are using and which Android version it runs?

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Galaxy S4 Android 5.0.1  - App works fine with the rift and GO connected.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I believe its android 6.0 and above that's required mate
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Yup =

kmhtrr1pz7t9.jpg
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Can I use one of those desktop android emulator apps? I see that is just a pain in arse. Looks like I will have to use the missus phone then. Bummer!

Eispfogel
Expert Protege

Can I use one of those desktop android emulator apps? I see that is just a pain in arse. Looks like I will have to use the missus phone then. Bummer!

I tried almost all Emulators before buying a new phone - none worked. You can try Android x86 and VMWare, but you will have trouble getting the Oculus App installed and usable for your Headset.

I just ended up with the cheapest android phone i could find, which was an Nokia 2(pretty bad to be honest for a "recent" phone). Cubot phones are cheap too, but .... the recent Huawei incident makes me not wanna buy those..who knows how long they are supported?

Anyways..good luck!

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
I just used the missus s6 Edge. I'm in. Still a royal pain though. After Oculus GO a shame Facebook doesn't offer a desktop method of updating the headset.