cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't redeem or look at terms for the "WELCOME25" promo code

nathansanx
Honored Guest
Just received a notification on my phone saying I have 25% off my next app purchase as long as I quote WELCOME25 at the checkout. Went to purchase something and the code isn't valid for this purchase. There is a link for the terms at the bottom of the checkout but nothing loads when I click it. Does anyone know the terms for this and whats classed as a valid purchase as I can't get any info anywhere.

Thanks
28 REPLIES 28

ShardCollector
Honored Guest

badguigui said:

code accepted, discount applied but the amount sent to my bank is without the discount!!

I made a support request because of the same issue.

Tried to buy the game from Oculus store on my web browser instead, to see if the promo code worked better that way, but I get a "content blocked" window when I should confirm the purchase there, so I cannot use that at all. Tried with two different browsers.

Andreadente92
Honored Guest

badguigui said:

code accepted, discount applied but the amount sent to my bank is without the discount!!

Tried to buy the game from Oculus store on my web browser instead, to see if the promo code worked better that way, but I get a "content blocked" window when I should confirm the purchase there, so I cannot use that at all. Tried with two different browsers.

i had the same issue! Tried to buy from the app and from 2 different browsers, NOTHING! 

JALarom
Honored Guest

badguigui said:

i had the same issue! Tried to buy from the app and from 2 different browsers, NOTHING! 

badguigui said:

Hi. After some issues I could manage to redeem the code without any problem.
This is what I did:
Before buying the game/app:
1.- Open the browser at your PC and sign into your oculus account.
2.- Up right click on your avatar and select "Config"
3.- There select "paying methode" and add one (c.c., paypal, whatever...)
4.- Now that you added the paying methode go to the store, select the game/app and perss BUY. On its lower right corner you will be brought many options, one of them is REDEEM CODE. Insert it and accept. You will see that the ammount has been substracted.
5.- Push BUY and you are done.
In my case everything was ok and the correct ammount has been charged on my paypal account.

Good luck!

SumptuousCrib21
Honored Guest
I have had the Oculus for 3 days know. I bought Onward and some free games. But I still have not got the WELCOME25 dsicount code yet. My friend told me about it and I have been waiting so I can get a discount for Job Simulator. Can someone tell me why I have not gotten the code yet?

Eruveo
Honored Guest
Hey there guys... To those who has problem that code WELCOME25 is accepted but it show the full price sending to your bank, don't worry, just proceed, it will take the right price frome your card.

Looks like it's some glitch, app accepts promo code, shows the price after discount, but next page show original price. I wanted the game, so I proceeded even though and, after confirming payment from my banking app, I received notification of paying the right (after discount) price. 

Aymito2
Expert Protege
is this promo code still working ?

SamaDuune
Explorer

I seem to be having this problem as well, but I am looking at a slightly different screen I think than some of the people above that said they got it to work.  Doesn't seem to matter if I am in the Application or on the Website version of the store, they look the same to me.  On the game page right below the cost it even says "Enter WELCOME25 for 25% off." right on that game page.

When I click on it to buy it, it brings up the Confirm Purchase for the game, list the title, cost and tax.  And below that it says Promo Code.  When I enter WECOME25 and click apply it says "This code cannot be applied to your order."  Now someone above said Redeem Code, I do not see the term Redeem code anywhere.

Am I at the wrong place?

DisFanJen
Honored Guest

Not sure if this helps anyone but I just got this code and had the issue where it wouldn't accept the code on the web site\PC App, but worked fine on the mobile app, charging me the correct amount (including the 25% discount).

No, the Promo code section is the right place (though looking at the time on this post I imagine you already have it working or the code has expired).

I found I couldn't get it to work on the PC App\Web site, but it would work on the Mobile App I installed as part of the setup of my Quest 2.

same happens to me, is there a way to make it work? im purchasing on pc...can't do it on my phone.