cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you overcharge a Quest 2?

YodaRules1951
Explorer

Am still relatively new with my Quest 2 and just went through the not so easy peasy account change to Meta. I've noticed on Facebook several people have the nifty charging units with cool images of what they look like with headset & controllers charging. My question is can you overcharge and do future damage by using these systems and leaving the headset and controllers attached. 

As it stands now, I 100% recharge headset when it drops to 15-20% and my controllers have not had to have the batteries replaced as each have at least 60%.

Thanks,

Patsy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey @YodaRules1951! Thank you for asking such an important question. It's always better to play it safe when you're playing in your VR world!

We recommend charging your device for no more than two hours. Once charged, you should unplug it.

We're providing a link on how to maximize your batteries life and for the correct charger to use.

Hope this helps!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

PITTCANNA
Visionary

Short answer, is no. Most devices these days have a current sensing circuit to prevent overcharging.  What may occur is battery memory but that can take 9 months to a year to show up.

@PITTCANNA wrote:

What may occur is battery memory but that can take 9 months to a year to show up.

Sounding like a real Newbie here..... but, what does that mean?

Patsy

It means that the battery won't hold a charge as when it was new, and may not be as reliable for the percentage of charge.

Hey @YodaRules1951! Thank you for asking such an important question. It's always better to play it safe when you're playing in your VR world!

We recommend charging your device for no more than two hours. Once charged, you should unplug it.

We're providing a link on how to maximize your batteries life and for the correct charger to use.

Hope this helps!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?