cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you play Oculus Quest 2 games on pc with link cable

Hitsu92
Honored Guest
Thinking starting to stream oculus games on twitch and want to know if its possible to stream and play quest store games on pc. I mean if you use oculus link cable and connect to pc I know you can play rift store games, but can you play Quest store games?
5 REPLIES 5

PITTCANNA
Visionary
This post made my brain hurt LOL.

But if you want to stream games from occulus quest to a pc there are programs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRWSAQJ13Zc

the link cable makes the quest function as a rift so you would be casting rift game play.

quest games if cross buy can be played via link, otherwise quest games can't be played when linked to the computer.

Hitsu92
Honored Guest
I ment last one.. i mean virtual desktop needed to buy because rift:s and quests have different version of that program and you cannot use rift version on quest. But can you buy oculus quest store games and play them on pc vr with link cable. But I think I will just buy link cable and test this because there is not much about it. Yea you can download games that you bought from quest store to pc but idk if I got my question correct..

PITTCANNA
Visionary
All the link cable does, is turn the quest into a rift.  

Virtual desktop just allows you look at desktop, and use it for steam vr and oculus rift games wirelessly.

You are never going to play quest games on the pc to capture for streaming, you have to stream them through other means.

Hitsu92
Honored Guest
Thanks that answered my questions. Yea i think I need just stay on rift games because don't have money to spend capturecard and bt transmitters 😕 But thanks you really helped me 🙂

PITTCANNA
Visionary
if you sidequest it uses wifi to cast to it.