cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Casting/Livestreaming error. Because a new stream, cast, or capture was started.

Tactical_Milk
Honored Guest

restarted all my devices and reconnected to different wifi, yet this message still shows up when i try to cast my oculus to my computer. anyone else having this issue?

31 REPLIES 31

Widowmaker58
Explorer

Yes, mine started doing same thing a few weeks ago. Any solutions shared yet?

e_qwfwq
Honored Guest

same problem here since yesterday, FIX IT PLEASE

They won’t. Ours still hasn’t been fixed. They actually just stopped replying to me. 

e_qwfwq
Honored Guest

it is going to be a difficult path towards the bloody "metaverse" .. 😫

Hyorange
Explorer

Same issue here. Casting using web browser works half the time.
Casting or recording using Oculus Developer Hub just don't work. I tried everything. 

Widowmaker58
Explorer

Same problem. All worked as it it should a few weeks ago, even purchased a chrome cast, that doesn't work either.

I too am getting this error despite factory reset, etc. I am not even trying to cast - simply wanting to screen record but I get this error message and then it eventually starts recording but the timing of the sound is off by about .5-1 second. Happens in all apps, although I did try uninstalling and reinstalling those apps anyway. Any chance a fix is coming?

Widowmaker58
Explorer

Oculus help line requested I submit a repirt thru quick settings, report a bug. We'll see if anyone is able to help.

mikeslutz
Explorer

Same issue. Getting error "Casting/Livestreaming error. Because a new stream, cast, or capture was started." any time I try to cast to my PC through the website Same error when trying to cast to the mobile app. It appears casting is entirely broken. My niece is very upset.

This issue is not yet addressed on the link given for casting. It has been around for more than a month. 

When I did a version update to 42.0.0.130......done in either late June or early July, 2022 (not sure of the exact date) it *broke casting* to both Windows and Mac PCs. This function had worked perfectly well until then. No fix has been identified from Oculus support yet (as of Aug 2 2022). This makes the headset useless for guided demonstrations and use. This is a critical failure. Please advise on fix or how to back down to an earlier version.