Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Casting Oculus Quest to ChromeCast

Braindeadburrit
Honored Guest
Hi Everyone.

Loving my Quest at the moment. not loving the casting feature

I've got it working on my Chromecast V3. thats not the issue. the issue is the 1-3 second delay between movement and what gets shown on screen. 

Im on a new 5Ghz wifi network on both my Android phone and quest ( bought the router specially for this purpose) and the router is about 3 meters away from us both. 

both of the Quest and phone have a full charge and say that the signal strength is excellent.

I know the Casting feature is still in beta but I thought id come here to see:

1. is the 1-3 second delay the same for everyone else?

2. is there any reason why i cant get "high" quality selection in the oculus app? the video quality is ok but ive heard people talk of high. giving me the thought that my head set/phone/connection isnt talking to each other right and giving me a slow/delayed video feed. 

Thanks in advance 
15 REPLIES 15

Badmonk
Protege
Hi  🙂
yeah there is a 2-3 second delay at the moment, like you said it’s in beta. I think if you cast to iPhone there is no delay. 
Not sure about the HQ casting.

i hope they sort it, as when it works it’s fine. But it’s hit and miss at the moment. Keeps dropping out.

LOVING the quest though   🙂

Braindeadburrit
Honored Guest
Thanks for the update. guess we just have to wait. didnt even think wed have something like streaming when it was first announced anyways. 

fingers crossed it gets better  

b-twice
Expert Protege
There is also a delay casting direct to my iPhone... 1-2 seconds or longer sometimes...almost unusable

r_oosterholt
Explorer
Oculus, is there any progress on this delayed casting?

r_oosterholt
Explorer
Are the any official members of Oculus even participating in this forum?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any update on reducing the delay and improving the streaming quality? Would love to fully replace my Vive with the Quest, but I regularly have parties and display the gameplay on a big screen. Vive is worth the wires + lighthouses for basically no delay and high res. 

r_oosterholt
Explorer
The latest update 10.0 improved the casting a bit:
Chromecast latency, connection stability and picture quality have all been improved

There are not done improving it since the delay is still there, but at least they are working on it.

It also possible to start casting to Chromecast in VR (no phone needed anymore)

okeyone
Protege
Every app that I cast to Chromecast ver. 3 2018 stops and says casting error in about two minutes. Is anyone else have this issue and is there a fix? I'm using the TV usb to power, could that be an issue? 

tjpratt
Honored Guest
Chromecast Ultra works fine as intended but cannot get the headset to see the chromecast.....what am I doing wrong? 21 years as IT consultant....cant be that hard LOL