cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Casting causes lagging after v23 update

kurohuku
Level 2
I stream Quest 2 game play to youtube. After update to v23, casting causes lagging on Quest 2. It causes both in game and even Oculus Home especially while I was looking around. It brings me motion sickness so I've stopped streaming for now.

I use Win10 + AirReceiver to receive video and audio from Quest 2 via wifi. Before update to v23, it worked fine. I tried oculus.com/casting with Chrome and the Oculus iOS App to cast but both causes lagging too.

I guessed wifi problem but the signal level shows Excellent in the Quest 2 wifi setting. The network is 802.11n 5ghz, it's no problem before Quest update.

Has anyone got the same problem?

Quest 2 Version
5 REPLIES 5

kurohuku
Level 2
I tried factory reset then it worked well again! Maybe my Quest 2 had failed to update to v23 rightly.

KingNeme
Level 2
Exactly the same problem. I use Win10 + AirReceiver. After last system update, streaming causes LOTS of stuttering. Any fix that does not require me to reset the whole thing?

Danielius48
Level 2
Having the same problem. Is there any fixes?

SlannClann
Level 2
Just got the Quest 2 as well. Tried casting to both phone and TV. Both stutter, lag, and then spontaneously disconnect from the cast. How do I fix this? 

Danielius48
Level 2
I have contacted the support and the only solution is install latest updates and to factory reset the headset.