cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed Wifi Network Name, lost Quest??

LinguaProf
Protege
Although the Oculus Quest had been working perfectly, the internet company had to come and fix my Wi-Fi because it was very slow all around (33mbps download 4 upload).

The cable company installed a new modem and not only changed the name of my Wi-Fi network, they separated them so that 5GHz had one name and 2.4GHz had another name.

Right now, the 5GHz is running at about 133 mbps, which I think is normal for my area.

I don't know if this makes a difference, but we also have a velop mesh system setup, one that's hooked into the modem via ethernet, and two wireless nodes.  

Easy enough! I went into the Quest and simply switched it to the new 5G name. But now nothing is working right. I can get into the Netflix app and watch movies just fine, but other apps like Wander and Alcove won't work. I have access to the new Venues Beta, but once I get in I click on "sign in with Facebook" and that's where it stops.

5 REPLIES 5

Pixie40
Expert Trustee
Did you also change the network your phone or tablet (with the Oculus app on it) is listing?
Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

LinguaProf
Protege
Yes, phone is on the 5Ghz, same as the Oculus.  We have two Quests to which this is happening. 

I restarted twice while having the phone app open, nothing.  I am able to update the apps on Quest, the Store is just fine, I can watch videos on YouTubeVR.  But when I go to apps like Venues, BigScreen and Wander, the app tells me I'm not connected to the internet.   I go to Settings--wifi, and it says I'm connected at a speed of 650 mbps.  

LinguaProf
Protege
Just checked, my Oculus Go is doing the exact same thing. It was perfectly fine two days ago  😕

No other devices in the home are doing this.

Anonymous
Not applicable
New Router. Sounds like a firewall issue. Blocking some access to internet but not all. If you have access to the router check the firewall settings. Turn the firewall off and see if that fixes it. If it does you may have to open ports for the Quest.

beattsabearcham
Explorer
Did you fix this somehow?