cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning my oculus quest 2

ashleighrose28
Level 2

Hi does anyone have a oculus quest 2 and give me help or tips to clean my oculus quest 2 so it can last a long time thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ohgrant
Level 8

Kind of like if it's not broke don't fix it type of deal IMO. Do your best to try to keep it clean. Don't use chemicals on them. Only use a microfiber cloth to clean the lenses. Keep it in a case when not in use. Cleaning it will not increase it's lifetime. Taking good care of it will 

Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 16gb ddr 4 3200, 1080ti. Z800 HMD, DK1, DK2, CV1, Vive wireless, Quest, HP Reverb. Viewsonic 1080p 3D projector ASUS 3D vision monitor.  UAD Apollo interface, Yamaha studio monitors.  

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ohgrant
Level 8

Kind of like if it's not broke don't fix it type of deal IMO. Do your best to try to keep it clean. Don't use chemicals on them. Only use a microfiber cloth to clean the lenses. Keep it in a case when not in use. Cleaning it will not increase it's lifetime. Taking good care of it will 

Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 16gb ddr 4 3200, 1080ti. Z800 HMD, DK1, DK2, CV1, Vive wireless, Quest, HP Reverb. Viewsonic 1080p 3D projector ASUS 3D vision monitor.  UAD Apollo interface, Yamaha studio monitors.  

View solution in original post

What do i use to clean the headset and controllers

Howie_Doodat
Level 7

For the controllers, just whatever sanitary wipes you’d normally use, obviously don’t get them soaked though. 

The headset should always be kept in - case (the box it came with works for me) when not being used (also avoids light getting in the lens), and other than a microfiber (without any liquid) for the lens, I can’t really see why you’d need to clean it? It’s not like you’re sitting on the couch with a game pad where you’re eating while playing VR is it? If you okay games where you’re sweating then I’d recommend getting the silicon cover for the face mask so you can take it off and clean it. 

Other than the occasional smudged lens my headset looks the same as it did when I got it over a year ago. Also, I see people put it up on their forehead when taking a breather, personally my forehead hits the lens and gunks them all up so I don’t recommend it, plus I feel like you’re asking for it to fall off your head and crash to the floor. Obviously this may not be the case for everyone. 

ashleighrose28
Level 2

I only use my oculus quest 2 when i play vrchat so do i need to clean it everyday or when should i clean it?

ohgrant
Level 8

Honest you should just learn to enjoy it and quit worrying about scrubbing it

TomCgcmfc
Level 16

@ashleighrose28  Please learn to google for things beforehand.  A quick google on cleaning the Oculus quest would lead you to this Oculus support page;

https://support.oculus.com/644956809267244/

9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

I don’t even think they’re reading the responses until they get the answer they’re looking for...which is, oddly, “you need to clean it frequently” 😂