Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparing My Rift S with Quest 2

rVRcloset
Heroic Explorer
https://youtu.be/cX1JMf9NCXc
The Closet Sim Rig
Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S
2 REPLIES 2

Thanks for the comparison, Rift-S vs Quest 2 is a big factor for me deciding whether or not to get a Q2.

Comfort is probably the biggest factor with regard to long session PCVR sit-down gaming and a future headset will need to match the Rift-S for me to go for it. Visual quality is starting to become one of diminishing returns as headset generations progress imho. Link will need to be on a par with a DP connection too as you pointed out, it's almost there but not quite.

For untethered VR though and for media viewing on the sofa (where I can loosen up the straps), I may replace my Q1 with a Q2 at some point, but I'm not in a big hurry as the Q1 is still a very capable headset, if I get a chance to try out a Q2 that could sway me. It's looking likely I'll be sitting this generation of Quest out and picking up the next iteration.

rVRcloset
Heroic Explorer

Thanks for the comparison, Rift-S vs Quest 2 is a big factor for me deciding whether or not to get a Q2.

Comfort is probably the biggest factor with regard to long session PCVR sit-down gaming and a future headset will need to match the Rift-S for me to go for it. Visual quality is starting to become one of diminishing returns as headset generations progress imho. Link will need to be on a par with a DP connection too as you pointed out, it's almost there but not quite.

For untethered VR though and for media viewing on the sofa (where I can loosen up the straps), I may replace my Q1 with a Q2 at some point, but I'm not in a big hurry as the Q1 is still a very capable headset, if I get a chance to try out a Q2 that could sway me. It's looking likely I'll be sitting this generation of Quest out and picking up the next iteration.

I never got the Quest 1, but man Room scale gaming is good without cables! 😄
Really happy I bought the Quest 2 just for that!
But will be interesting to see how well they can get link to work with it, and I also found a Halo strap for the Quest. 
Might be I do change to the Quest 2 down the line if they can improve on the link performance.
The Closet Sim Rig
Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S