cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatible bluetooth keyboards?

Blahblahblah198
Level 2
Hi

I am trying desperately to connect a bluetooth keyboard to the Quest.

I have tried two different bluetooth keyboards and although both allow me to input the "pairing code", after that neither of them have worked.

I have tried to use the keyboard on browsing the library, the browser, youtube, immersed, and it does not seem to work on anything.

Has anyone had success with a bluetooth keyboard and if so, what make and model was it please?

Thanks in advance!

Matt

4 REPLIES 4

Jooki
Level 2
I just bought an Arteck bluetooth keyboard to try connecting to my Quest 2 but after clicking pairing it just constantly sits on "Connecting" and does nothing. I'm interested to hear which keyboards work with this if any atm?

originulllz
Level 2

Hi

I am trying desperately to connect a bluetooth keyboard to the Quest.

I have tried two different bluetooth keyboards and although both allow me to input the "pairing code", after that neither of them have worked.

I have tried to use the keyboard on browsing the library, the browser, youtube, immersed, and it does not seem to work on anything.

Has anyone had success with a bluetooth keyboard and if so, what make and model was it please?

Thanks in advance!

Matt

You might need a Bluetooth adapter transmitter that will allow multi devices to be connected.  I have a artek mini keyboard and it has to be on the same band as my quest 2.5g, but I need that to connect to wifi.  Another alt would be to connect keyboard to your cell or desktop and use an oculus all that will mirror your desktop which you can link your phone to.. Seems intrusive, but I opt to try the multi bluetooth adapter but make sure it will work before buying.  If I find anything I'll update. 

LinguaProf
Level 3
I'm having the same issue.  I have the Logitech K830, I purchased this one specifically because it's "supposed" to be the official keyboard of Oculus's Infinite Office.  I paired it successfully with the Quest 1 when I first got it a month ago.  It worked perfectly with Oculus Browser and Immersed, the two apps I use the most.  Now that I want to connect it to the Quest 2, like the OP, it sits on "Connecting..." forever without pairing.  

• I've restarted the Quest 2 and have factory reset the keyboard multiple times.
  • It's been completely disconnected/unpaired/forgotten from the Quest 1.
  • I've "forgotten" the pair within the Quest 2 and the app multiple times in order to start over.
  • I've tried to pair through the Android phone app as well as through the headset. 
  • I've tried to connect it to another Quest 2 and it will not connect. 
  • I've turned off everything around me that has Bluetooth (phone, iPad, TV, alarm clock, etc)
  • It allows me to enter the pairing code and then ENTER/RETURN, so there must be some connection, but after I click on ENTER it sits on "Connecting...."
I've got a ticket in with Logitech and they're supposed to contact me today, so I'll let you know if I learn anything new.  Otherwise I'm still within the window from Amazon to return it. 

LinguaProf
Level 3
I've communicated with a Dev on another platform who gave me an answer that is satisfactory to me.

According to him, Bluetooth pairing in The Quest 2 is still in beta and will not be an official part of the Quest 2 until Infinite Office is officially updated. Bluetooth pairing was complete in
Quest 1 which is why my keyboard connected so easily to the first Oculus Quest, but it is not yet complete in Quest 2. In fact, any Bluetooth device is troublesome to connect right now. I was advised to wait until Bluetooth pairing in the new Oculus Quest has fully updated before giving up on my keyboard and I'm good with that.