cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting my quest 2 to the oculus pc app doesnt work

Ambitxonless
Honored Guest

Hi guys I got a link cable and connected it to my pc and my quest 2, when I try connecting my quest 2 to my oculus app it just doesn't work, same for air link. No VR game works while connected even though it says its connected on my pc so I'm really confused on what I should do. If anyone has an answer please reply, Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

When you say the headset is connected on your PC, do you mean the headset appears as a drive in Windows Explorer, or appears connected in the Oculus app? When you connect the link cable are you prompted to allow the headset access to your files, and do you click "Deny"?

I mean it that I've connected it using link cable. And when I connect my link cable I click accept and nothing happens from there. my quest is the same from there and my oculus app on my pc the same as well.

Hey there! Thanks for sharing your experience with the community. We're sorry to hear you haven't been able to connect to the PC app. Is this your first time trying to connect, or has this worked for you in the past?

If this is your first time, please check this support article to make sure your PC is compatible. We also recommend re-pairing the app on your PC. You can find the steps to do this in this public support article. Lastly, if you're sure your computer is compatible, please check to make sure the drivers are up to date using the steps in this article.

If you need any further assistance with this issue, please reach out to our support team using this link https://metaque.st/Support. Please include the details of your issue as well as all troubleshooting steps you've attempted so far. One of our agents will be happy to look into this with you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

To use Link you have to select "Deny" on the popup window, otherwise the headset is connected as a mobile phone for file transfers.

Ive just tried doing this but it hasn't worked.

Hi Ambitxonless! We are here to help you get your headset connected to your PC. To get started, please unplug your headset from your PC, and restart your PC. From there, let's review the steps below: 

1. Open the Oculus app on your PC.
  2. Turn on your Quest 2 or Quest.
  3. Plug your USB 3 cable into a USB 3.0 port on your PC, and then plug the other end into your headset.
  4. A message displays in VR prompting you to Allow access to data. Select Deny. If you mistakenly 'Allow' the prompt, you must unplug your USB cable from the Quest and plug it back in.
  5. When prompted to Enable Oculus Link, select Enable to begin remote rendering using Oculus Link.

Please let us know what you experience after completing the steps. If you come across any error messages, please be sure to provide us with a photo, so we can assist accordingly.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!