cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Notification "Your mic is set to open"

Mr_Buddha
Level 2

Tried playing with my brother tonight. Joined his party and it kept spamming the notification "your mic is set to open all party members can hear you" I can hear him, but he cannot hear me. 

Facebook voice commands work fine so my mic works, what that actual buck is going on? 

1 REPLY 1

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hey there Mr_Buddha,

We're sorry to hear you are not able to connect with your brother. Let's work on resolving this together, so you won't miss anymore parties! 😎

Below we'll provide you with a couple of troubleshooting steps we want you to attempt to the best of your ability, take your time there is no rush.

Kindly, follow these instructions if:

Your Oculus device is connected through Oculus Link

• If you don’t hear any sound, or are having trouble with your mic when using Oculus Link, make sure that your software is up to date and that the volume is not muted on the device and computer. Next, check the audio input and output sources for both your headset and on your PC.

To check the audio input and output for your Oculus Quest 2:

• Open the Oculus app on your computer
  • Click Devices in the left side menu and then select Quest and Touch
  • Below Audio Output in VR, make sure your Quest 2 is selected.

• To check the audio input and output for your PC:

• Click the Speaker icon in the task bar in the bottom right part of your screen.
  • Click the ^ arrow to open a list of audio devices connected to your computer.
  • Check that your audio and mic are both set to Oculus Virtual Audio Device
  • Additionally, if you are using any third party VR software on you PC, make sure that Oculus Virtual Audio Device is set as your audio input and output source there as well.

Only one Oculus app is affected:

• Check for app specific audio settings
  • Restart the computer
  • Re-install the application

All Oculus apps are affected, but only affects Oculus Home:

• Check Oculus audio settings that the Rift microphone being used

This occurs outside Oculus Home and another mic works:

• Run the Windows Audio Troubleshooter
  • Re-seat the Rift cable
  • Try another USB 3.0 port
  • Remove any additional microphones
  • Set the Rift as the default Windows communication device

This occurs outside Oculus Home and affects all audio devices:

After attempting the troubleshooting steps, and you continue to run into the same issue, please submit us your Oculus Logs (This can also be used for Oculus Link troubleshooting) by opening an Oculus Support ticket.

Have a great weekend!