cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constantly Forgetting My Guardian!!! Fix It!!!!

PeteMalogne
Explorer
Every time I try and take a quick break, which FB recommends, I come back to a headset that has completely forgot my Guardian. This makes me wanna toss the thing across the room lol... Seems worse since the latest update. Fix it!!!! …please.
7 REPLIES 7

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
If you are going to take a short break, before removing your headset, try pressing your Quest power button and put it to sleep.  Then when you are ready to play again, put your headset back on (sitting as close as possible to where you left off), and press the power button again to wake up your headset.  Hopefully your Guardian will be where you left it.  
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

MarkT25810
Expert Protege

TomCgcmfc said:

If you are going to take a short break, before removing your headset, try pressing your Quest power button and put it to sleep.  Then when you are ready to play again, put your headset back on (sitting as close as possible to where you left off), and press the power button again to wake up your headset.  Hopefully your Guardian will be where you left it.  

Should not need too do this....the Rift S had none of this issue same with the floor level fuck$ng up

I do that too and have the same issue.

Mild-Dog
Expert Protege

I have this same issue with certain rooms. Sometimes I would have to turn it off and on for it to remember a guardian, and it's like it's not even trying to remember the previous guardian when I just look around or turn sleep mode off and on. Right now in my room, it's completely forgetting the guardian every time it goes to sleep.

I find if I clear the Guardian data after an update that this helps.

I tried that, I think it's actually worse now.

Mild-Dog
Expert Protege

Still an issue, have cleared history before. It feels worse now.