cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could / should Oculus release a Quest deluxe head strap?

Hornet_F4C
Adventurer

The Oculus Quest is a truly magic device and so far exceeded my expectations in every respect. I am even very happy with the surprisingly good audio quality (which is some point for critique for others).

The only thing that bugs me is comfort. They tried to make it easy, pushing everything into the headset. Probably the right decision, but that makes it front heavy compared to the rift. It took my quite some fiddling to find out an adjustment that works for me.

Now, while the Quest would be a great device for showing it to friends and let them try, I refrain from doing so because I am afraid from having to re-fit it to different people and then having to find a good adjustment for myself again. I already found this to be terrible with the rift - despite me having markers on the straps, it always felt different after someone else had used it. Also with the rift I tried to avoid frequent adjustments for fear of breaking or wearing the audio ribbon cable.

With the Quest I am even more reluctant because it seems to be even more difficult to find a good strap adjustment. While the current strap might be great for transportability, the tricky adjustment defeats exactly this purpose: Taking it with you for showing it to friends.

I think Oculus could release some accessory strap, allowing easy quick - adjustment and providing more comfort. I'd be the first to try it.

What do you think?

15 REPLIES 15

MountainDog12
Protege
You could always consider this. Seems quite popular with the online community
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBJNk6EEyTw

GreyGhost99
Explorer
I ordered the studioformcreative headstrap and it does help but not enough... this is the one that looks really good but is a lot more money https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOShKsjaHpU

88KK
Honored Guest
seriously...Oculus needs to make a deluxe head strap, I will definitely buy it. The standard head strap is so uncomfortable.

kenf1071
Adventurer
Vive deluxe audio strap and vr cover makes the quest so much better,if you can get one I would definitely recommend it as I’ve done this to mine and it’s 100 time’s comfier and I can stay in vr for longer 

such an easy mod to do following the YouTube video 

Anonymous
Not applicable

kenf1071 said:

Vive deluxe audio strap and vr cover makes the quest so much better,if you can get one I would definitely recommend it as I’ve done this to mine and it’s 100 time’s comfier and I can stay in vr for longer 

such an easy mod to do following the YouTube video 

Yep...the only thing that makes it even more comfortable, is the replacement foam for the Deluxe Audio Strap from VR Cover. More comfortable, and doesn't soak up sweat. I bought the thicker 20mm pad, and it literally hugs my head.

https://vrcover.com/product/htc-vive-deluxe-audio-strap-foam-replacement/

kenf1071
Adventurer
think i will add that to mine as I just purchased the front vr cover for the quest,the back padding for the deluxe audio strap looks good ! Just received my vr cover but I’m going to order this part aswell as the comfier the better 

Amazon Uk have it in stock £20 delivered next day, bonus !!!