cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a party causes app to not load

Gardengro
Explorer

My husband and I each got a Quest 2. We each bought the same games in order to play multiplayer. When I create a party and invite my husband he can easily “travel” to the game. When I press the “travel” button I get “Error, Couldn’t launch app. Please try again”. 
I have turned the headset off and on several times, done a factory reset twice and uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. Nothing works. 
We have separate accounts and are on wifi. I don’t know what else to try except retuning it to the store. 
I opened a ticket and got disconnected twice from chat so I’m not getting help 

16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue.  My friend and I can have a voice conversation in the party.  I can "travel" to the game (tried both Arizona Sunshine and Rec Room), but he receives the same error message that you report.  Has Oculus respond to your ticket yet? 

I am in contact with tech support but they are still trying to figure it out. 

I'm having the exact same problem. My son can "travel" no problem but every time I try I get the "error, couldn't launch app" message. I've tried multiple apps, restarting and even being the only person in the party, but still no joy. This is clearly an issue. Looking forward to hearing what tech support say. 

mpking828
Honored Guest

I too am having the same issue.

One headset can launch the game (Beat Saber) no problem.  My headset cannot launch the game, with the same error "Error, Couldn't Launch App. Please Try Again".

I've removed Beat Saber from the headset, and re-installed, and it still has the same error.

However, when I switched the order, the headset that was working is used to create the party, and select the game, it no longer works.   So I think the issue is in who ever "hosts" the party.

Sadly, both headsets are exhibiting the issue as the result of testing.  😞

anthomaxcool
Honored Guest

We have the same problem. I don't know if this is true for every game, but as a "temporary fix", it's possible to create the party only for communication and invite your friend in your game lobby once you're in the game.. tested with Beat Saber.

True, and that has been what we've been doing, using it just for communication.

I also opened a support case.   That's 2.5 hours of my life I'll never get back.  But, now that I've exhausted the standard troubleshooting script, I hope I get kicked to a Level 2 engineer who will actually investigate, as opposed to following a script.

Im

havi g the same problem

with mine- regardless of whether I host or am invited, I can’t travel to any app through a party. No luck getting help from tech support either. 

BoaNomad
Honored Guest

Same problem here

Revanime
Explorer

I have the same issue.

I bought the device 3 days ago and updated the version as it auto update. I can create the party but when click travel cannot. I tried for VR chat or any other games doesn't work.

Any solution pls update. I only can communicate but me n my husband cannot travel together. It's frustrating. Oculus 2