cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross-Buy games not showing

Pierre.Arson
Explorer

Let's talk about the elephant in the room. Cross-Buy games. I bought Demeo on Rift S. It shows as a Cross-Buy game. When I go on my Quest 2, it is not showing as a Free game. It is asking me to buy it again. I am using the same account.

Oculus support is no help for this as they have no clue of what is a cross-buy game... funny!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for jumping in @kojack and everyone else! I just wanted to confirm first off that Demeo is available for cross buy. Which means that if you purchase the title in the Oculus App on your PC, you can play it on Quest. And inversely, if purchase it on Quest, it can be played on PC.

A cross-buy app purchased on the PC does not require Link or Air Link to be playable on Quest.

Link or Air Link is only required if you wants to run an app that is installed on PC, and not Quest. Or if you want to use the PC for other reasons.

Also, Demeo can be installed onto the Quest headset even if it was purchased for Rift.

@Pierre.Arson if you're still having trouble with Demeo not showing, the support team should be able to help out, but if you have the game purchased on either PC or for Quest, it should be available for both. I'll put a note on your ticket with the support team and they can look into it further with you there.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, Pierre.Arson! We see you bought the awesome game Demeo on the Rift S and was hoping to play it on your Quest 2. As this is a cross-buy title, you are absolutely able to do this! The way to do this, though, is through the use of an Oculus Link. Since you bought it as a Rift S title first, you will have to play the game with an Oculus Link cable in order for it to run properly. We hope this information helps! 🙂

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

So why do we call this a cross-buy game if I cannot play on the Quest 2 without the cable? Are all the cross-buy games bought on the Rift will need a cable to play?

It is cross-buy because you are still able to play the game regardless of the device you're using. There are games that are Quest 2 exclusives and would be unable to play on the Rift while other games you can buy for the Quest 2 and still play with both devices. Yes, you will need a link to play all available Rift titles since it is ran through the computer and not through the headset.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

kojack
MVP
MVP

Hmm, Demeo is definitely in the cross buy list at https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/section/2335732183153590/

However looking at the individual store pages, it doesn't match the typical cross buy info. A typical cross buy game lists Rift and Quest in the side panel, like this (The Walking Dead Saints & Sinners):

firefox_AukovtIQLF.png

But for Demeo, the Rift version only lists Rift and Rift S.

If the Quest store price isn't listed as Free for you, then it really isn't cross buy and should be removed from the list.

OculusSupport seems confused though, cross buy has never applied to using Link to play Rift games. It's specifically about getting a free version on one Oculus store when you buy on another Oculus store (there's technically 4 Oculus stores: Rift, Quest, Go and GearVR, although the last 2 are the same thing listed twice)

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Pierre.Arson
Explorer

I have been in contact with Oculus support and I had to explain to that person what is a cross-buy game and how it is supposed to work. He keep sending me old news, old links with no clue on how to answer this cross buy issue. He keeps email me article from 2019 that just doesn't help. I think they should make things much clearer. But who am I to complain. Me, the little consumer among thousands...

Can you remove Demeo from the cross buy list please? it is confusing people. 

@MetaQuestSupport wrote:

As this is a cross-buy title, you are absolutely able to do this! The way to do this, though, is through the use of an Oculus Link. […] It is cross-buy because you are still able to play the game regardless of the device you're using.

I am shocked at how incorrect this answer is.

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for jumping in @kojack and everyone else! I just wanted to confirm first off that Demeo is available for cross buy. Which means that if you purchase the title in the Oculus App on your PC, you can play it on Quest. And inversely, if purchase it on Quest, it can be played on PC.

A cross-buy app purchased on the PC does not require Link or Air Link to be playable on Quest.

Link or Air Link is only required if you wants to run an app that is installed on PC, and not Quest. Or if you want to use the PC for other reasons.

Also, Demeo can be installed onto the Quest headset even if it was purchased for Rift.

@Pierre.Arson if you're still having trouble with Demeo not showing, the support team should be able to help out, but if you have the game purchased on either PC or for Quest, it should be available for both. I'll put a note on your ticket with the support team and they can look into it further with you there.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

I finally got THE answer I was looking for from Oculus support. I guess my case got transferred to someone with the proper knowledge.

Games bought for Rift S on the Steam platform are non-transferable to the Quest 2. As simple as that!