cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross-buying on the PC and Quest stores?

lafureur
Explorer
How do I know if a game purchased on the Oculus PC store will also be available on the Oculus Quest store? In the oculus FAQ we can read that Facebook recommends a cross-purchase policy with publishers, but that only the publisher decides in the end. So my question is how do I know if a game bought on one store will be available for free on the other store?
4 REPLIES 4

kojack
MVP
MVP
Generally there's two indicators.
Second, look in the info box for a game on the store. If it lists both quest and rift, then it will be cross buy.

For example, here's Beat Saber (not cross buy) on the Quest store webpage:
v4j9p449fxuv.png
It only says supports Quest.

Here's Audica (cross buy) on the Quest store:
v1yxp7714o0a.png
It lists Quest and Rift. The same on its Rift store page, both platforms are listed.

This isn't 100% though, Star Trek Bridge crew is apparently cross buy (from what I've heard, haven't actually bought it myself), but it isn't in the cross buy list and doesn't list quest and rift on the store. I'm guessing this is because it wasn't cross buy at release, it changed later and the pages were never updated.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

lafureur
Explorer
It's ultra clear! Thank you !

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Sometimes the “supported platform” information is inconsistent—some cross-buy titles don’t list both platforms like they should (lPhantom: Covert Ops, for instance), but that cross-buy link that kojack posted is reliable. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

lafureur
Explorer
Thank you too !