cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decent rechargeable batteries for Touch Controllers?

enigma01
Trustee
I want to get some decent rechargeable batteries for my Touch controllers. Any suggestions on what other people are using would be appreciated. 
16 REPLIES 16

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Yeah that's not right. The link i sent of the ones I bought only get slightly warm, something wonky if they are hot to touch mate. Wouldn't trust it.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

enigma01
Trustee
I think it’s actually normal according to this...

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?430625-Test-review-of-Charger-Panasonic-BQ-CC55

The one they reviewed got upto 50-60c (batteries and charger) 

enigma01
Trustee
So I emailed Panasonic directly who confirmed that temperatures of upto in the region of 60c are normal on their Eneloop Pro 2,500mah batteries during charging, and that I shouldn’t be concerned. Better to be safe than sorry ? 

JaimieVandenber
Heroic Explorer
Wow. Mine are a little older and max at 2300, they only get mildly warm. Interesting. But yeah, I've been using them in my CV1 controllers forever and will for the Quest when the included ones run out.

traveltr0users
Explorer
Ikea LADDA

1/4 the price of Eneloops Pro.... and they're probably the same manufacturer....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jeo_hv-8bHI

magarzut
Explorer
Enigma01, I have the same charger and yes..... they get pretty hot. I gess that's because of the fast charging.
People saying they get only slightly warm, are you fast charging? For me it just takes 2h to full.

enigma01
Trustee
I’ve been finding something a little odd with my Eneloop batteries... if I don’t use my Quest for say a few days, when I turn on the headset my controllers aren’t found and don’t power on. I have to remove the batteries and re-insert. I’ve tried alternating the 4 batteries I have between some other devises and nothing like this seems to happen with them. Just with my touch controllers. It only happens if not used for s few days, anyone else get anything like this? It didn’t happen when I was using alkaline batteries.