cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developper mode don't show up in Oculus App for Android

Souleima01
Explorer

Good Morning,

I have been working with the oculus quest for a project with UE4. 
Suddenly my ADB won't recognize the oculus ( I have 6 oculus quests 2 same problems for all of them) 
I tried to reseat the oculus change the account to reinstall ADB but always the same problem. I did a lot of research and the only solution I found is to enable developer mode but the weirdest thing ever is I can't find the "Developer mode " in the oculus application for android it's just desperate.
I'm using Samsung galaxy S10+ for the app.
I install the application on different phones ( s 10, A30, Huawei ) but always the same problem it's doesn't exist.
PS: I did enable the developer mode in the application the first time I bought them from the application but now I can't find it anymore.
Any help please I'm stuck in this for a while now 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Souleima01
Explorer

Hello everyone.

I found a solution how to enable the developer mode in oculus app  I just add a PayPal  account instead of credit card and baaan developer mode is there again I hope this is helpful 

PS: MY PAYPAL DOSEN'T  HAVE ANY MONEY'S  I JUST  CREATED  ONE AND ADDED  IT FROM THE OCULUS APP

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

CON5T4R
Explorer

Dude I am having the EXACT same problem. The Button for Developer mode on the phone app connected to VR Is just NOT THERE 

Yeah me too I tried to manually  reset  the oculus application recreate  a oculus accout with different facebook log in and always the same problem  I even installed  old version of occulus  application but nothing  work I 'm stuck please if you find any solution tell me.

The weirdest  think is stoped by itself it work all day and suddenly  it's gone and refuse to connect  with anything

Envoy_of_Light
Explorer

Facebook and Oculus are putting a lot of "RESTRICTIONS". we should find another source that is OPEN SOURCE. That we can Freely make our apps Without HINDRANCE AND PROBLEMS.

Did you verify your developer account with a phone number and bank card? That's recently become a requirement.

https://developer.oculus.com/manage/verify/ 

https://developer.oculus.com/blog/verify-your-developer-account-by-october-21/ 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same happened to me, I have no idea what happened?

No only with a Mobile phone. I will add a credit card and I will see thank you 

Please let me know if adding the CC will work. I've tried adding only my phone number but the Developer Mode is still missing from both the Android app and the Oculus.  

Trust me it will not work. We are the few unlucky people that got caught in the transition of verification. While Developer support is off for the weekend all of us can't use developer mode. I was told my support member "Earlier, a misconfiguration in our verification flow also disabled developer mode on unverified accounts. This was unintended, that change has been reverted, and should no longer be an issue."  i have created many organisations, verified with both CC and Number, and tried 2 different phones and looked up tonnes of ways and nothing works. SORT THIS **bleep** OCULUS or you'll be seeing my refund. Developer mode is important for a huge number of Quest users 

SenpaiNoobashi
Honored Guest

This is it my friends 😢😭 the end of developer mode.