cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different serial numbers for box and helmet

Babaq3228
Honored Guest

Hello! Please tell me, the serial number on my cardboard box from oculus quest 2 is different from the serial number on the helmet itself. I know this is OK, but I need an official response from the oculus rep. Thanks!

@MetaQuestSupport 

4 REPLIES 4

RoastPork
Retired Support

Yo! I can answer this for ya. Yes, each component in your Quest 2 package will have a different serial number on it. THIS article on the Support site shows how to find the serial on each component. Cool, huh?

Genesis does what Nintendon't! Send me a DM if you have questions. I'm happy to help!

But that article says the serial number on the box should match the serial number on the heasdset.

RoastPork
Retired Support

Technically, the serial numbers are different because they begin with a different sequence of letters. For Quest 2 for example, the headset's serial number begins with 1WMHH, and the box's serial begins with 1WMVR.

Genesis does what Nintendon't! Send me a DM if you have questions. I'm happy to help!

This is "technically" important so that the warranty can be applied to more than the box if the store you bought it from questions your warranty if the headset doesn't match but the box serial number is the only thing they track.  If there is some way for us to determine if the headset and box serial number correspond please explain how to cross reference the two.