cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disturbing trend in the Oculus store

Ender772
Protege
So I am noticing a disturbing trend within the Oculus store. Games seem to be released at full price at a demo-like state. These "full" games usually only have the bare minimum requirements to be considered a game. Is 1 level a game. No matter how good that 1 level is it is can it really be a game? So what happens? Demo-like games get released at full price and they only get updates and more content if enough people bought that game...This is setting up to be an avalanche and I cant be the only one who notices.
39 REPLIES 39

Ender772
Protege
And stop talking about income...if income was a problem i wouldnt even have a quest

Kapt-Krunch
Protege
Unless it's, with a few exceptions, a AAA game that happens to have VR support, its all "Early Access". Its the nature of the beast with all emerging tech.
I7-9700k - 32 GB Corsair Pro - RTX 2080 Super XC Ultra - Samsung Evo SSD - Oculus Rift S

I like pinacoladas and getting caught in the rain!

Ender772
Protege
im not sure what that means in the slightest

Richooal
Consultant

Zenbane said:

Flying a personal jet can seem boring to someone who can't afford it.

Statistically, more than 97% of people who can afford a private jet, don't fly them. Boredom doesn't factor in, because they can also afford a  private pilot.
Statistically more than 97% of private jet pilots find their job to be exciting because they could never afford to buy their own jet.

Ender772 said:

...Now do you want to help me or do you want to help them scam kids.

I don't think you can be helped on this one. You seem to be at one of the extreme ends of a bell curve.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Ender772 said:

And stop talking about income...if income was a problem i wouldnt even have a quest

Quest is incredibly cheap. Quest is nowhere near what a "high end enthusiast" would aim for. Compared to $1,000 headsets out there. Hell, I paid over $800 for the original Rift + Touch Controllers. Plus the $1,000+ cost of a machine to run a PCVR headset.

Quest is for those on a budget. But the software is still priced for those with a higher disposable income. And it seems that is where your problem resides.

Ender772 said:

please explain to me how superhot was supposed to be fun.  its like playing with a bunch of manikins trying to play red light green light...I do love puzzles but this did nothing for me...Have you ever played it.  I think people were just so excited to have an actual game for the Quest that they bought it with no questions asked..

I beat SuperHot on the Rift. Long before Quest was even available for purchase. It seems like you are oversimplifying what SuperHot provides due to how much it costs.
How about this: Name one single VR Experience that was over $30 that you feel was worth the price.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ender772 said:

please explain to me how superhot was supposed to be fun.  its like playing with a bunch of manikins trying to play red light green light...I do love puzzles but this did nothing for me...Have you ever played it.  I think people were just so excited to have an actual game for the Quest that they bought it with no questions asked..

Maybe try researching the game before deciding to buy it...like watch a few minutes of gameplays on youtube...there's pretty much a video for every single game ever released.

sford52
Heroic Explorer

Ender772 said:

im not sure what that means in the slightest

"Early Access" means it is not yet fully completed, it is in a preliminary form. The developers will be adding more content, characters, story, etc. But if you buy game that is early access, you understand it's not yet completed. If you want the completed game, wait for the grand opening. If you buy it before it is completed it will seem to be incomplete.
ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home

bigmike20vt
Visionary

Ender772 said:

Sheesh...Beatsaber only had like 20 songs on it when it was released..with no way of getting more..only after enough people complained did it rise in number of songs...but guess what...if no one complains nothing gets done...Now do you want to help me or do you want to help them scam kids.

can you not use your own songs on beat saber like on the PC version?
as for pingpong...... its table tennis.... what more is there? does it matter if you dont have heaps of locations and what not, all it needs is decent ball physics, competitive AI and ideally multiplayer support.

if you REALLY want to see a games store full of unfinished crap with an average low quality threshold look at the mire that is steam!.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

ezop73
Rising Star

Ender772 said:

Sheesh...Beatsaber only had like 20 songs on it when it was released..with no way of getting more..only after enough people complained did it rise in number of songs...but guess what...if no one complains nothing gets done...Now do you want to help me or do you want to help them scam kids.

can you not use your own songs on beat saber like on the PC version?
as for pingpong...... its table tennis.... what more is there? does it matter if you dont have heaps of locations and what not, all it needs is decent ball physics, competitive AI and ideally multiplayer support.

if you REALLY want to see a games store full of unfinished crap with an average low quality threshold look at the mire that is steam!.

Beatsaber, for more songs just use sidequest (google is your friend) to add as many different songs as you like..

Ender772
Protege
yes..sidequest is nice...but they have been updating the quest like once every 2 weeks and every 2 weeks i have to redo it...almost not worth it...games worth over $30....only beatsaber..Space pirate trainer if it had a little more variety...but space pirate trainer and drop dead are both worth more than the $15 asking price..Tilt brush is close as well...