cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have to have a separate Oculus account to link Oculus Go with Oculus Quest in Wander?

Bloom321
Honored Guest
Also as a second question, I have a single Oculus account with both devices on it.  If I cancel the single account to make 2 accounts will I lose all of the apps that I have tied to that account?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

wuzp
Rising Star
From within the Oculus app:
  • Settings
  • Select the Go device.
  • More Settings.
  • Factory Reset.
This will unpair the Go headset from your account, and also "wipe" all information from your Go headset.  There is no "sanctioned method" to unpair the Go headset from your account, without erasing any purchased apps from the unpaired headset.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

wuzp
Rising Star

Bloom321 said:

I have a single Oculus account with both devices on it.  If I cancel the single account to make 2 accounts will I lose all of the apps that I have tied to that account?

Yes, because your purchases are tied to the Oculus account; not the devices.  This is a legacy behavior inherited from its Android roots.

Bloom321
Honored Guest
Thanks!  My next question would then be how to remove the Go from my Quest account so I can still keep most of my apps with the Quest.

wuzp
Rising Star
From within the Oculus app:
  • Settings
  • Select the Go device.
  • More Settings.
  • Factory Reset.
This will unpair the Go headset from your account, and also "wipe" all information from your Go headset.  There is no "sanctioned method" to unpair the Go headset from your account, without erasing any purchased apps from the unpaired headset.