cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know why my oculus link isn't working?

Sadge.-.
Explorer
Every time I try to connect my Quest 2 to my VR Ready laptop via usb c -> usb c, the pop up in the headset where I have to click "Allow" disappears too soon for me to click Allow and it doesn't connect. Anyone have any ideas?
18 REPLIES 18

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
@"Sadge.-." Hi there! Please create a support ticket with us here so we can look into your issue further. - Clint
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Sadge.-.
Explorer
I'm starting to think it might have been a problem with the USB C port on my  laptop, because when I used a USB C to USB A cord (instead of a C to a C) the link worked just fine. Thank you for the response though! I greatly appreciate it!

PITTCANNA
Visionary
first did you install the occulus app on the computer?

if the answer is yes and your computer is up to spec proceed as below

Starting with a powered off quest

turn on and launch the occulus app on the pc

once launched, turn on your quest without the link cable in it.

create your gaurdian and get to the home screen in the quest

plug the link cable in the quest

deny the first prompt that says allow the pc to access files on the tis device

click the enable link and then it will flash and take you to the occulus rift home interface.

Nah they have some problems with laptops ,maybe they will fix it with new update

We're aware of an issue where Oculus Link fails to connect compatible laptop models to Quest.

From your headset, you may briefly see a black screen before being returned to your Quest home. On your computer, within the Devices tab, you may consistently see an orange "General device problem" error.

When entering this state for the first time, sometimes you will also see a notification on your PC: "Hardware Notification: Something went wrong and Oculus Link stopped working".

We've isolated this issue to laptops that use NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10xx series notebook GPUs and are actively working with our partners to get a fix in place. Until a more permanent fix is ready, restarting your PC can often fix the issue temporarily.

If you're still having trouble with Oculus Link after restarting your computer, please \for additional troubleshooting. 

JackHoit
Honored Guest
Oy guys. I reexpressed my current Nvidia update through GeForce Experience. Fixed it instantly. May not work for all but if you have Geforce Experience then I'd check it out as an option. No more infinite loading for link.  

Burnttoast5
Honored Guest
sooo its a NVidia problem only? only laptops??? two simlar but different AMD pcs are having this EXACT problem. i cant find anyone else talking about it. are yall trying to say i should just get a different cable? IVe updated just about everything i could think of. I wasnt gonna post the first time cus i thought it was a rare case. now its spreading like the plague to another pc, i literally got nothing else i can plug into. not to mention its been months since this was originally posted how is there not a fix put out yet???!  
@OculusSupport

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sadge.-. said:

Every time I try to connect my Quest 2 to my VR Ready laptop via usb c -> usb c, the pop up in the headset where I have to click "Allow" disappears too soon for me to click Allow and it doesn't connect. Anyone have any ideas?

Having the literal same exact problem, I have a msi gs63vr laptop (gtx 1060). Did you found a solution? If so please let me know, thanks!

jakalarf
Explorer
This has been a problem since launch. It doesn't seem to matter what your specs are, or if you are using an Nvidia or amd gpu. The only things I can think of is they shipped out faulty headsets and never said anything, or they aren't fixing the problem so people will be more inclined to buy from the oculus store, since I heard that people arent having any problems with games bought from there.

Thats all just wild speculation though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This perfectly worked for me. Thank you!

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?