cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does my Quest 2 track my location?

Elsing
Level 2

I’ve been using my Oculus Quest 2 for a while now and have enjoyed it. Recently, I visited my friends house and brought my headset with. Of course, I had to create a new guardian boundary as it no longer fit my room. When I got back home, and turned back on my headset, my guardian boundary from before I left loaded in for my room.

How does my Quest 2 know what guardian to bring up based on where I am?

5 REPLIES 5

Kato3000
Level 2

It tracks your location, and it gives no option to disable it. It’s quite the privacy concern, but no one seems to really be making any noise about it.

Kato3000
Level 2

It tracks your location, and gives no option to disable it. It’s quite the privacy concern and no one seems to be making any noise about it.

synchromesh62
Level 9

I do not think it tracks your location so much as remembers the Guardian setup for about 3 rooms. 
Hence being able to set a few rooms up in your house.
The cameras just scan the layout if i remember correctly and selects the right one.

Nothing so sinister 🙂

If you go into the privacy settings and download your info, it shows your latitude and longitudes. It’s also how the voice commands can tell you what the weather will be. It gives you no option to disable it.

I was referring to your Guardian as that was the original query 

Lets be honest as soon as you setup a mobile phone, Tablet or even some smart watches or even connect to your virtual desktop your location is recorded.