cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't have all experimental feature is a rollout problem or a bug

Benreben
Level 2

Hello all,

I have the V28 update from the begining, i have all experimental features (airlink,keyboard,desktop) but no 120Hz!

This is a bug of my headset or a facebook rollout?

Because many games have this option but all players can't activate it! it's not very fair from facebook !!

Have many people with same problem or is just some players?

10 REPLIES 10

SnowbiWanKanobi
Level 2

I'm in the same boat.  I have all the new experimental features except the 120Hz.  I haven't heard anything back from Oculus.  Most places just keep saying to reset and hope if show up at some point.  It seems really strange that they would enable some update features but not others on a headset.   

Pixie40
Level 9

I think they are still doing a rolling update. Not all features may be enabled for everyone. Probably so if issues crop up, which does happen, they can try to address them.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

X99MYKE
Level 3

Enabling this does literally nothing yet anyway. Game developers / app creators etc will need to develop and build this into their programs first. Might be no apps that use 120hz for a while so dont worry.

Pixie40
Level 9

Funny thing is... how do you test 120hz refresh for your VR game if you don't have a headset with 120hz refresh rate? I mean, presumably if you're making a game for the Quest then you do have one that is used for testing the software.

StevesjustSteve
Level 2

Same, Had v28 for a month, all options but 120hz. Eleven table tennis has had the 120hz capability from the get go. Oculus Support told me to factory reset and reset features. That didn't do jack but waste my time. This is BS! 

TomCgcmfc
Level 16

@Benreben  with both v28 and v29 (which I just got for my Q2) I needed to go to experimental and select restore to defaults, then restart and when you go to experimental again everything should be there.  You just need to select which experimental features you want and go from there.  Good luck mate and cheers.

9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Quest 2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro.

Have received the update V29 yesterday, and i still don't have experimentel feature 120hz from V28!
is just ridiculous from oculus!

Yes, same situation for me. I have v29, Air Link and some other new stuff, but no 120Hz. I tried all the popular tips like resetting experimental settings, changing language, reset to factory defaults. I contacted Oculus support and got a "please be patient, it will someday come to you, too" as reply. Weird.

Pixie40
Level 9

I'll be honest here. I'm not that anxious for 120Hz refresh rates. I mean, I don't think any of my VR apps on the Quest 2 could take advantage of that. And I kind of doubt Steam VR is going to be much different for me in this regard.