cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doom3Quest out now on SideQuest

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Dr. Beef’s latest Quest port, Doom3Quest, is out now on SideQuest! The engine port can be downloaded for free, but you need to own the PC version of Doom 3 (not the BFG edition) for the game’s data files. 

Hard to believe that, a little over 8 years since Carmack showed off Doom 3 on Palmer Luckey’s duct-taped prototype VR headset, you can now play it on a stand-alone headset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw-DlWwlXHo

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo
7 REPLIES 7

Howie_Doodat
Rising Star
Has anyone played it yet, and what was the setup process like? Are we talking Hours of manual folder moving? 

saami81
Rising Star

Has anyone played it yet, and what was the setup process like? Are we talking Hours of manual folder moving? 

Setup took me about 5 minutes of total, but i had sidequest installed already.

Basically you just click "install to headset" which takes short moment. After that you run game once on Quest to make folders. Then you just copy required pak. files from PC to Quest.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

If you’re already set up with SideQuest, you just install through the SideQuest app and then copy over a few files from the PC version of the game. 

Here are step-by-step instructions to set up SideQuest. 

I played a bit of the game last night, and it’s a great port—decent options (left-hand mode with or without swapped thumbsticks; flashlight in off-hand, gun-mounted, or head-mounted; IK arms and body or just hands; snap turning or smooth turning; head or hand-based forward direction; height adjustment, etc.).

It also includes graphics options like frame rate, supersampling, and MSAA, so you can customize for performance on Quest 1 or Quest 2. 

Howie_Doodat
Rising Star
Sounds good guys! Thanks! I’ve played through Doom 3 so many times and I’m pretty familiar with moving around files for Bethesda mods and whatnot, so this sounds simple enough! I’m excited to check it out, and I will probably try out using my VR rifle stock with it. 

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Sounds good guys! Thanks! I’ve played through Doom 3 so many times...

Same here. Doom 3 was the game that pulled me back into PC gaming after a few years of not playing anything. I played that game over and over again. I think I still know every detail of every level by muscle memory. 

Nice, Doom 3 was my entry into Doom, never bothered with the previous ones, Resurrection of Evil was a must addon... wonder how it performs on my trusty Quest 1

Nunyabinez
Rising Star
This made me smile. The game is a blast on Quest.

Dr Beef and team spend months painstakingly making a fantastic port of Doom 3. Me: from r/OculusQuest

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2