cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXTREMELY frustrating experience with buying new software and using it

Barclay3200
Explorer
I have had an EXTREMELY difficult time buying new software and am currently unable to use it.

Today I purchased AGENCE from oculus.  I have the old Quest headset with the OCULUS link cable.
My system is a Ryzen 7 with RTX 2070- graphic card.
I have previously purchased  and played half life Alyx using the same system and headset.

The first issue was that the purchase failed.  I tried to buy on the website from my desktop.  I was informed the method of payment failed.  I tried to find a way to access my account info on the website but I could not. 
Then I remembered my phone had oculus app....
Yeah, payment info is in the phone.  Why is it not in the website i access from my PC?  I connect the headset to the PC, I do not connect the headset to my phone.

After repairing the payment info (it got wiped out somehow),... I purchased the agence game.

I tried to play it using the oculus link.   I was told that I was NOT logged into oculus, to remove the headset and log in.

OK..... i went to my phone and opened the oculus app.....

I went back to the headset. Tried the game...  It told me I was not logged in.
I am starting to get VERY VERY annoyed.   I turn to my pc, I log into the oculus website, log into my account.

I try the headset again....
It says I need to remove the headset and log into my account.

I have turned my headset off and back on again twice now trying to resolve the issue.

I just did it again.

I allowed the PC to access the headset .

I did not go into the oculus link, but instead looked for the game in the apps in headset only.  It was not there.

I went to oculus link, enabled it....
Yeah, you guessed it.... it tells me I need to remove my headset and log in.....

I am LOGGED in on my PC as far as I can tell.  I did it before I was able to get to the forums to post this history.

It has been over an HOUR I have been struggling with this..... 
I have tried to keep a cool head while writing this and not to write my true feelings which would likely get me banned for life.

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP???????????

Thanks,

Frustrated beyond belief.

5 REPLIES 5

Barclay3200
Explorer
....  maybe I should have bought the Agence app through STEAM like I did for Alyx half life.  !!!!!!

vududeman
Expert Protege
Just curious--you do have to install the actual Oculus software on your PC for this work (not just being logged into the website).  Then you would need to install that game to the PC in Oculus, then try the link option to access games on the Oculus PC software

Barclay3200
Explorer
2 hours later I found a black window on my pc desktop.... not a web browser, with a spot to enter my email adrs and my password. I have NO idea how it popped up (it was UNDER my firefox browser screen)  not do I know how to call it up when I next need it.  I fumbled around in the headset after logging into this new window, enabled the oculus link, somehow managed to find the downloaded agence app (again, by fumbling around)  installed it and ran it.  I doubt I would be able to repeat the process any faster next time.  Is there a set of instructions for this sort of thing or will it all be up to the user to hit and miss???

Barclay3200
Explorer
Thanks vududeman. I will check link.

Barclay3200
Explorer
Apparently this is what I discovered under the web browser window.   How do I call it up next time???