cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of FrankenQuest?

KarstenS80
Adventurer
It seems that the HTC Vive Deluxe Audio Strap is not sold anylonger.

Currently I don't can find online stores in Germany that sells them. Most of them don't even list it anylonger. On the HTC site its out of stock too.

So is it the end of the FrankenQuest?
8 REPLIES 8

enigma01
Trustee
It’s for sale still on Vive store in UK.

enigma01
Trustee
Sorry it actually says in stock on one part and then out of stock further down when you add it your basket. 

KarstenS80
Adventurer
I asked HTC and got following answer:

"We no longer sell or produce the old Vive and the deluxe audio strap."

Good thing. After much googling I finally found a vendor that had still some of them.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks like the may be back in stock on Vive site

check out the DAS post on reddit for info. Just tried and it went through, had to use parcel forwarder to sent from US as not available direct here, didn’t try other locations.

KarstenS80
Adventurer

davemyles said:

Looks like the may be back in stock on Vive site

check out the DAS post on reddit for info. Just tried and it went through, had to use parcel forwarder to sent from US as not available direct here, didn’t try other locations.

Just tried it. Got this:

"We are sorry to inform you that HTC VIVE Deluxe Audio Strap is currently out of stock and therefore cannot be added to your shopping cart.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you."

BTW: The other shop I did found earlier did cancel my order.

Anonymous
Not applicable
On Reddit there were a few that said this happened to them also and to just keep trying and it eventually went.

It went through for me and just got email it's shipped with a Fedex tracking number so it seems they do have stock (or did)

KarstenS80
Adventurer
Currently it is possible to order the Headstrap in the HTC shop.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Oculus need to come up with something of their own. Apart from the Oculus Rift S, I found all the other headsets from Oculus to be unconformable after just 20 mins. I found a solution with CV1 by purchasing a PV cover from VR Cover, but it's about time Oculus made these headsets comfortable without the need to mod their headsets. I'm hoping an Oculus Quest 2 has a battery built into the back of the headset to stop it been to front heavy. It's alright trying to cut cost, but then some people are having to spend an extra $100 on things like a Vive headstrap just to make the Ouest comfortable.