cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely slow download and no messenger yet

ehjort1981
Protege
Hi,
  Tonight I purchased population one.  I'm downloading it right now.  I get 500kbps download speed.  I check with a speed test through Google on the oculus browser and I get 20 Mbps.  Why is app downloads extremely slow?  But the speed test is fast?

Also, I got update v25 on my quest 2 on Saturday or Sunday, but not seeing messenger on the headset or anything that is supposed to be coming to v25...
12 REPLIES 12

Richooal
Consultant

Also, I got update v25 on my quest 2 on Saturday or Sunday, but not seeing messenger on the headset or anything that is supposed to be coming to v25...

Whenever things go wrong you should "RTFM", read the instructions, read the release notes, etc..

Here, I did it for you..................

"Please note this will continue to roll out in the COMING WEEKS, so you
may not see the update right away -- stay tuned as it continues to be
released."

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

ehjort1981
Protege
But I got the update...

Richooal
Consultant
Yes, I know, but they specifically put the comment about it rolling out in the section about "messenger".
They often roll out individual features separately over a few weeks.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

ehjort1981
Protege
Now I wish the downloads would speed up.  I think it's an oculus server thing

yuzuhaz0
Explorer
Anyone got their messenger working yet? My quest keep telling me to log into facebook in order to finish setup and start using but that stupid thing is i already merge facebook with it and use facebook to log into my quest which mean i'm already log in. I dont know why the friend list doesn't show up and keep telling me to log into facebook.

Icky_Thump
Explorer

Still no Messenger for me. On version 26 now...

kalhohan
Honored Guest

Version 27 and no messenger..

BenoitLeBoucher
Honored Guest

v27 quest 2, no messenger yet, but my girlfriend headset bought 2 weeks after me at the same bestbuy got it already... -_____- 

Benoit Boucher

Ionizer6
Explorer

I'm experiencing slow download speeds too for months.  100kb/s or less.  It's extremely frustrating and no solution in sight.