cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Face mask face cover

nikkihaley1
Honored Guest

The face mask irritates my face. Is their another mask available. I don’t want to return it. 

Thanks

Nikki Haley

18 REPLIES 18

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

Well, there's the VR Cover brand ones sold through the Oculus site. Keep in mind that those are incompatible with the glasses spacer. Annoyingly, the Kiwi facial interface and pleather pads are Quest 1 only, they aren't compatible with the Quest 2. AMVR makes ones that appear to be a cover that slips over the standard interface. there's also this one, but I don't know how well it works or how comfortable it is.

If you have a Quest 1 though, I can't recommend the Kiwi ones enough.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

You may be able to get a free VR cover replacement if you contact Oculus Support and check and include your headset manufacturing date;

https://support.oculus.com/1504463656600795

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

I would definitely suggest getting an after market facial interface or cover though. The foam one Oculus uses as the stock interface is not hygienic. It's fine if you only use it for things like VR chat and watching movies. If you're doing anything that's physically active (such as Beat Saber) though, it'll quickly get nasty due to soaking up the sweat.

The free replacement is actually the VR Cover standard version (us$29 on their site).  I know because I just got one and like you say, much better than the original foamy.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

lensmandave
Superstar

These silicone covers are great from VR cover. Buy a couple and you always have a nice fresh replacement available for after a sweaty BeatSabre session. 

https://vrcover.com/item/oculus-quest-2-silicone-cover/

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

Funny thing is I now actually prefer the foamy because it does not fog up as much, lol!  With or without the VR Cover nosepiece btw.

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

I have the VR Cover brand ones, and ya know what? I find I actually can't use them. Aside from the glasses spacer not working with it, my Quest 2 keeps refusing to stay turned on when it's attached. I turn it on, and sometimes it works fine. Other times it immediately enters sleep mode for reasons unknown. That doesn't happen with the original interface.

Ya, I seem to have a similar problem with my Free VR replacement facial interface.  Oh well, at least it was free for me, lol!  Back to the stock one for now.

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

I can only assume that VR Cover's interface is interfering with something. How? No freaking clue. But it's kind of evident something is happening. I'm currently looking for a better option. Too bad the Kiwi brand one with a vented interface isn't compatible with the Quest 2. That one is comfortable, and does a great job of preventing fogging up or sweat forming inside the viewing area.