cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook Removing Apps and Games forcing them to be purchased again?

Swiftburn
Honored Guest

Logged into my Quest 2 this evening and found Virtual Desktop was removed from my device. Completely gone and if I go to the store it says I have to purchase it again. I have a support ticket open and getting the runaround. Be careful everyone and make sure you are checking your library. Not sure what is happening but this is alarming and seems like a legal mess waiting to happen. Check your library and keep tabs on what you purchased. 

6 REPLIES 6

MuXSenpai
Explorer

Exact same happened to me today. Virtual desktop is completely missing from my library. I just opened a support ticket. Let's hope they'll give our paid app back. 

Sorry but just to ask the usual question... are you sure you're looking at the same library? There's a Rift library which shows purchases for apps installed on your PC, this library displays when you're using Link, and there's your Quest library which displays Android software installed on your headset when you're using it stand-alone.

Some software is cross-buy so you get both versions for a single purchase but Virtual Desktop isn't one of those.

It's missing from my Quest (standalone) library. I bought it from the Quest Store. And, I am indeed looking at the exact same library that I use to install and run Virtual Desktop, which is the one on the Quest, not the PC Software or Rift. My other purchases are not affected by this problem, they still appear on my library. It's only Virtual Desktop that is missing. 

OK sorry I had to ask!

Definitely get a support ticket in if you haven't already. I know this has happened in the past to some people with recent purchases, we had a small group of posts from people and Oculus were pretty quick to chase it up. Hopefully you get it sorted out quickly.

Thanks Daftn. No, I'm sorry if I sounded a little "energetic". So far they were pretty quick to respond, but the response is rather on the not-very-helpful side. They told me to factory reset my Quest, which didn't work for my case. 😅

Yeah I think they have to do the obvious elimination type checks on the script regardless of the likelyhood of success... it would probably frustrate me a little too.