cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook ending support for Quest 1 already??

CloudTurtle27
Honored Guest
So i've been having a couple issues lately with my Quest 1 which leads me to question, is Facebook already starting to end support for the original quest? 
First issue, I can't add a credit card payment or link my paypal account for that matter. I've tried multiple methods (via app, website, headset) and nothing works. I keep getting the same error msg "Sorry we cant add your payment method". I've had the Quest for over a year and never had this issue before. Unfortunately I removed my only payment method I had on the account awhile ago so now I have no means to purchase anything. I contacted Oculus support a week ago and all the solutions provided I tried and nothing works. Anyone else experiencing this?

Second issue, I keep losing tracking in my right quest controller. The controller will just go dead. This seems to happen only during Echo arena, but I haven't noticed it consistently losing tracking before like this. I double checked the batteries and they're good, so I have no clue whats going on. With the Quest 2 just hitting the shelves I wonder if this is a sign of things to come? Is anyone else having issues with their original quest as of recent?
8 REPLIES 8

MarkT25810
Expert Protege
Not sure about that but it would not surprise me, some game Devs are already stopping support and updates for games for the quest 1 versions

BatLB
Expert Protege
Regarding the Battery Issue: Try folding a piece of tissue and putting it on the Battery, to give it a little pillow between the Battery and the Battery Cover. Apparently, some AA Batteries are a BIT thinner than others and start to move inside the Battery Chamber. 

CloudTurtle27
Honored Guest
Thanks BatLB, will give it a shot.

kojack
MVP
MVP
Another possibility is that the spring is compressing during movement. You can try putting a bit of aluminium foil folded up between the battery and the contact, to make a tighter fit. Some people have found that helps.
Batteries can vary slightly in size. Or your right touch might have a weaker spring than the left.

For the first issue, there is no difference in store for the Quest 1 and 2. Both headsets are running the same games on the same store with the same payment system. If you can't link a credit card or paypal to your account then that would also affect Quest 2, Rift-s, everything. It's not a Quest 1 only issue.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
@CloudTurtle27 - Hi, If you haven't already, please create a support ticket with us here, as we would like to assist you with your payment issue as well as your controller issue. - Clint
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

CloudTurtle27
Honored Guest
Clint, I started a support ticket a week ago. Someone promised to get back to me in 24-36 hrs after going thru several solutions which didnt work. Still haven't heard anything. Should I start another ticket with you personally? If so how can I specifically request you?

BatLB
Expert Protege

Clint, I started a support ticket a week ago. Someone promised to get back to me in 24-36 hrs after going thru several solutions which didnt work. Still haven't heard anything. Should I start another ticket with you personally? If so how can I specifically request you?

Was in the same situation. They just start to ignore you if their average answers dont solve it. Just try writing "I resolved it myself, this can be closed" and they will have the ticket closed and responded to you in an hour. 

Faceolus the ugly at work.

CloudTurtle27
Honored Guest
I hope not lol. Im trying to get this payment thing sorted out asap. The controller issue can wait as it only loses tracking every now and then. Without payment I can't buy anything lol! There are a ton of new releases I wanted to check out (Rez infinite, Blaston, Dash Dash, Walkabout mini golf, cook out...) They all look amazing! I'm starting to worry. I read another post from a guy who's had the same payment issue for 4 months now without a solution!!  :#   I just opened another support ticket yesterday. So if I dont hear anything back in a day i'll take your suggestion, thanks.