cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Reset - Can't Pair with Controllers

RichardGorry
Explorer
Hey Guys,
I had to do a Factory reset on my Oculus Quest 2 and now it asking me again to pull the plastic off the controllers. These were pulled out already and I cannot connect my controllers to my headset. The Headset is paired to my phone but the controllers won't. can anybody help?
107 REPLIES 107

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi @RichardGorry have you tried removing the batteries and putting them back in? If not, please remove the batteries for around 1-2 min and put them back in and try and complete the pairing process. If you continue to have issues, please create a support ticket with us here. Thanks!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Matt_E_Lynch
Honored Guest
You’ll need to use the app to unpair the controllers & then re-pair them.

RichardGorry
Explorer
Thanks for the feedback. I have removed the batteries and reinserted them quite a few times but this did not work.
Also, the controllers are not paired with the App, so impossible to unpair.

Matt_E_Lynch
Honored Guest
When you click on your Oculus in the settings part of the app, does it not show the controllers? If not, you should be able to to pair new ones there.

Lavaspider
Honored Guest
I also can't get mine to pair either.  The headset screen is stuck on the controller demo that shows how to pull the black tab out for the last 3 hours.  I have being trying to use the app to repair the controllers the whole time.  I have also removed and replaced the controller batteries multiple times.  I also reset the device, wiped the device and restarted the device multiple times.  The headset was stuck in boot mode since yesterday (4pm) and I finally got it out of that after lunch today by doing the factory reset in boot loader mode (8 times).   The device was fun for about 6 hours after that it has been a total pain in the rear.  For $400 I expected a lot more.  I have submitted a ticket (yesterday) nothing but crickets since then.  Anyone else have any ideas?

ThomThomR
Honored Guest
I am having the same issue hopefully support will get back to me soon.

skull_1111
Honored Guest
Same problem here. It's a new unit. I either see a black screen or the power off screen or the stuck on the controller setup screen. I too have an open ticket with support. Not sure what to do next. 

Matt_E_Lynch
Honored Guest
That sucks.  😞

Willzo0o
Honored Guest
I've got the exact same issue
Mine disconnected after the initial update after hours of different things I tried factory reset and that didn't change anything so I've now gone from a set guardian screen to a pull tabs out screen.
I've spent hours putting in and out batteries and pairing on different devices nothing fixes it.
Hopefully either Facebook/oculus or someone else will find a fix