cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware update for left contoller not working.

xxRADICALSxx
Honored Guest
My left controller continuously tries to do a firmware update but when it gets to 95% it starts back over and repeats that three times. After the third time it says error try again or contact support. Now my headset only picks up the right controller and doesnt detect the left controller. When i go onto the mobile app it shows that both controllers are paired.  
39 REPLIES 39

Crudmuffin67
Explorer
And I thought I was alone in the world

Crudmuffin67
Explorer

My left controller continuously tries to do a firmware update but when it gets to 95% it starts back over and repeats that three times. After the third time it says error try again or contact support. Now my headset only picks up the right controller and doesnt detect the left controller. When i go onto the mobile app it shows that both controllers are paired.  

I have the same issue
Awaiting for support to work out whats wrong.
And if you remove the battery from the left controller once it has given up you will see a message to the effect displayed in the quest 2. So it is there just not active as a controller. 
When I first unboxed and turned it on I had both controllers active, The headset and right controller updated with no issues but the Left controller had other ideas.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I've never seen my Quest controllers do separate firmware updates.  Just the single headset updates through the Quest standalone settings/all/about panel.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Crudmuffin67
Explorer

TomCgcmfc said:

I've never seen my Quest controllers do separate firmware updates.  Just the single headset updates through the Quest standalone settings/all/about panel.

Well straight out of the box it had both controllers working then I left it updating the Headset. whilst on charge. when I came back to it I had the right controller but no left controller. No update notifications running just it expecting me to create a guardian. I created a seated guardian and proceeded with right only. I eventually restarted the unit and as it booted it notified me it was updating the left controller, got to 95% then cycled back to 0% and went for it again 3 times total then told me update failed contact support.

simon_cooper_15
Honored Guest

TomCgcmfc said:

Well straight out of the box it had both controllers working then I left it updating the Headset. whilst on charge. when I came back to it I had the right controller but no left controller. No update notifications running just it expecting me to create a guardian. I created a seated guardian and proceeded with right only. I eventually restarted the unit and as it booted it notified me it was updating the left controller, got to 95% then cycled back to 0% and went for it again 3 times total then told me update failed contact support.

Mine did the exact same thing , has anyone found a solution? Can't understand why a product released a week ago needs a firmware update.  Not impressed

Tacogato
Honored Guest

TomCgcmfc said:

I have the same problem. Put in a costumer support ticket and I got "thanks for your extended patience, we'll get back to you in 72-96 hours". Super frustrating, has anyone heard back?

Crudmuffin67
Explorer

Tacogato said:

TomCgcmfc said:

I have the same problem. Put in a costumer support ticket and I got "thanks for your extended patience, we'll get back to you in 72-96 hours". Super frustrating, has anyone heard back?

Well I had several support people reply.. all taking their time and finally i got this today over 2 weeks after reporting the issue.

NoahYToday at 09:19
Hello Stephen,

Thanks so much for your patience.

Upon review of your case, I'd like to take your Left Touch controller back and send you a replacement instead.

To proceed, please provide the following information:

While I look into this further for you, I would like to collect some additional information:

• Left Touch controller serial number: which is located inside the battery compartment and starts with "1WMHC"
  • Preferred email address to receive shipping labels

• Your first and last name (for shipping)
  • Your most preferred contact phone number (just in case the courier wants to speak with you about the delivery)
  • Your shipping details including the following:
    • Address line 1:
    • Address line 2: (if applicable)
    • City/Town:
    • State/Province:
    • Postal Code:
    • Nation:
    • Company Name: (if applicable)

Sincerely,

Noah
Oculus Support | Facebook Reality Labs

My Reply was :

Hi Noah,
Thanks for your reply. I have already gone one better than that. The entire Oculus Quest 2 has been returned to Amazon and I have already been sent a replacement. I am in Australia and Amazon is the only outlet here and they couldnt offer just a singular controller as an option.

So the upshot of this is don`t stuff with Support, just send it back straight away.

MookyMookus
Honored Guest
Did anyone find a solution to this? I have the same problem

MookyMookus
Honored Guest
Tried a bunch of troubleshooting steps from support, nothing works.