cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Steps - Red button does not press

ZapDogDelta
Honored Guest

Early in the First Steps tutorial, you have to press a big red button. No matter how many times, or which hand I use, the button will not press down.  My virtual finger goes right through it.  I'm stuck and can go no further. Can anyone suggest a solution?  Thank you

Oculus Quest 2 purchased late Feb 2022

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ZapDogDelta
Honored Guest

Yes. I wasn't able to press the Red Button because I my avatar was set too high above it. The problem was I was sitting and the Boundary ground level was not all the way to the real floor. I stood up and reset the Boundary perimeter with the floor grid down to the real floor level. Problem solved.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi ZapDogDelta, this isn't the feedback we want to hear. Allow us to assist you with this, we know how frustrating this situation can be for you. We'd recommend that you try rebooting your headset, then re-run the first steps tutorial.

( Library > Tutorials > First steps)

If after attempting these steps, and you're still having this issues. Please click here https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We'll gather some more information from you, and take a deeper look into your account. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Wo_manhattan247
Honored Guest

Did you ever get it to work?  It won’t even let my index finger get close enough to push it.  

Hey there, @Wo_manhattan247! We see that you're having trouble getting through the First Step Tutorial. We know how having to deal with this takes time away from your VR experience, and we're happy to help you with this!

We'd like to try some different troubleshooting to see if we can fix this problem for you.

1. Let's try rebooting your headset.
    1. Hold the power button down for at least 10 seconds, and then, after waiting about another 30 seconds, turn your headset back on again. 
  2. Have you made sure that there is substantial lighting in your area? This, as well as reflective surfaces in your play space, could prevent your cameras and sensors from being able to track your hand movements.
  3. Have you checked your cameras to make sure that they are cleaned? To learn how to clean your headset and equipment, please follow this link.
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

ZapDogDelta
Honored Guest

Yes. I wasn't able to press the Red Button because I my avatar was set too high above it. The problem was I was sitting and the Boundary ground level was not all the way to the real floor. I stood up and reset the Boundary perimeter with the floor grid down to the real floor level. Problem solved.

That's great to hear! We hope that any of the troubleshooting we offered was able to assist you. If you ever need help again, don't hesitate to reach out to us!