cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed AirLink and Oculus Link!! 3 dots problem!!

Black Screen/3 dots issue. (Hardware Notification) Oculus Problem For Oculus Link/Air Link

~First Troubleshooting tip: -Open Device Manager > Device Adapters (Mind you this only applies if you have Integrated Graphics) > RIght Click on the Integrated Graphic Unit > Disable Unit (This will refresh your computer, Display Wise) Restart Both your Comptuer And Quest/(Or whatever headset you're using) And try Link again.

If It doesn't work then

Second TroubleShooting Tip -Go to your PC Oculus App > Go to Settings > General > Make Sure Unknown Sources are Turned ON

Third TroubleShooting Tip -Go Into your PC settings > Graphic Settings > Browse > C:\Program Files\Support\oculus-runtime > Add all three OVR Services > Click on them After > Options > Set to High Performance

Fourth TroubleShooting Tip -Make sure your Graphic Drivers ARE UP TO DATE! This has gotten me to have my Air Link work, But This also works for Oculus Link as well!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

TheRealTotara
Honored Guest

As commented by others, I think the issue could be caused by the fact that the CPU integrated GPU (IntelGPU or similar with AMD) is used for the Oculus client instead of the dedicated card you've got installed. 

** It could also be caused by multiple monitor configurations, so I recommend disabling the external monitor temporarily (Win10 System > Display > Choose "Show Only on 1") **

To ensure that dedicated GPU is used  I went in Win10 settings

System > Display > Graphics

and clicked on Browse to add two special entries

• One for the Oculus client (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\OculusClient.exe),
  • On for the OVR Service Launcher (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\OVRServiceLauncher.exe) ** not sure if that one is needed but meh

then clicked on Options and specified "High Performace" instead of "Let windows decide" for both.

Then

• Quit the Oculus App,
  • restart the Windows Service named "Oculus VR Runtime Service" in Windows Services
  • Put the headset back on, wait for the "Oculus Link" option to reappear and click on it, and be patient it can take 30secs+
  • If the gods are with you, the big O should show....

Latest findings, changing back to single monitor for just re-enabling it seems to be solving it...

View solution in original post

csangal
Honored Guest

i was having the same issue but fixed it in the oculus debug tool and set the encode bitrate to 0. i had previously set it to 960 when using the link cable

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27

Cam2512
Honored Guest

None of this worked 😞

Did not work 😞

Poppa_cap_YT
Honored Guest

None of this worked, but thank you for trying to help us

What I've looked into is that if your computer has a integrated graphics card, Try disabling that in Device manager. And try it again (You may have a weird display afterwards, Which is normal)

You may have to re-enable Airlink on your Oculus App on your PC. Try it from your headset again.

If it works, Great!

If not, I'm sorry.

After it works, Re-enable the integrated graphics card. And you should be good to go.

texdade
Explorer

Disabling the iGPU worked for me! Thanks!

Glad to have helped!

Nshorty
Honored Guest

Jeez YES this also worked for me! I always suspected it was the IGPU in my laptop not switching to my 3070 vs lower-powered Radeon but even with trying to force windows to launch with it enabled it didn't work. Disabling the Radeon made windows slow right down but on launching the airlink..... boom! it worked. pfff. Now have reenabled Radeon and all is working as it should... Very strange problem but thanks MazNight for the idea.

MaximoWK
Honored Guest

I tried everything and didn’t work, finally went through oculus support chat and got nvidia drivers updated, windows 10 up to date and nothing worked, finally a factory reset to the oculus worked and I was a able to do flight simulator on vr!!

andrey.lebedenko
Honored Guest

Didn't help. Not even a factory reset.