cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For the love of GOD. When will I be able to download and install my games on my Quest 2?!!!!

visionator
Explorer
I cannot and have not, been able to complete a full install of any of my games over 1gb on my Quest 2. It will not go past 1gb without simply stopping the download all together. There are others out there with this issue! I have communicated with them. What this hell is going on with this situation??!!!!
15 REPLIES 15

Niexist
Honored Guest
Same here, the install software for Oculus is horrid, the PC version rolls back if you have to restart without pausing it first, and the Quest headset version won't install certain games.  For instance I've been trying to install 8 GB walking dead game for a week.  What is funny is I can install the 32gb version on my PC no problem.

visionator
Explorer
It has taken me literally days to try and get most of my games downloaded and installed onto my quest 2. It simply will not allow these games to install. It just reverts right back to an uninstalled state right when it gets to the brink of completing the download. I was so excited to try this thing out and experience these games on the new quest. But my excitement has turned to frustration and anger.

My original quest works like a charm. Downloading and installing everything flawlessly. Just tried it tonight. No issues. I am just baffled by this. Waiting on support to (yet again) get back to me within 24 to 36 hours. Probably to give me more mumbo jumbo that will in no way rectify the situation. 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I think you may have some internet or local wifi problems on your end.  I've downloaded at least 20Gb of games over the last couple of days to my Q2 (including a 3.7Gb Robo Recall download) without any problems. I gotta say that today's Quest browser update took a very long time, lol! 

I guess it's possible that your local server used by Oculus is having a problem.  Maybe ask Oculus Support if they know of any of these.  I have had a few of these in the past but they always seem to get sorted out within a day or two.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

visionator
Explorer
I'll look into that.
I can download everything fine though with my quest 1. I've tested it yesterday.  No issues at any GB size. So it must be an issue with the quest 2.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Kinda hard to believe that Q1/Q2 would make any difference.  Maybe contact Oculus support and see what they think.  I guess it's always possible your Q2 is defective.  Good luck mate and cheers.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Niexist
Honored Guest
Don't mind Tom, he runs around covering/white knighting for FB.  Many people are having problems with downloads.  It is a software issue, not any fault of your connection.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Niexist said:

Don't mind Tom, he runs around covering/white knighting for FB.  Many people are having problems with downloads.  It is a software issue, not any fault of your connection.

Sorry mate I only try to help and I think I do this a bit better than you,  lol!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Niexist said:

Maybe try to contribute to the thread instead of bashing another poster. Otherwise don’t post at all. 

Niexist
Honored Guest
Tom there is literally hundreds of threads on here/Reddit that say people are having problems downloading with the Quest 2.  There is an official post about how the Walking Dead game isn't downloading properly on the Quest 2, so in my opinion you are the one not contributing anything.  I've seen you on a few different posts, and you're just trying to rack up posts or something because I haven't seen you say one helpful thing.