cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Vader Immortal download... Where/How

TheJaymzDeen
Honored Guest
Just bought the oculus quest.... how do I get the free game? 
4 REPLIES 4

Kentobi
Heroic Explorer
It should automatically be in your library / games to download. There is no code to redeem. If you don’t see it, send a support ticket to Oculus directly. 

smmellott
Honored Guest
I contacted support through their chat and they put it in my library right then.

Geofferooski
Honored Guest
I purchased my OQ from a friend that needed the money so he wouldn't be evicted.
He HAD the Vader series, but had to clear his info off my headset when I bought it from him.  Oculus was told the story BUT WOULD NOT transfer the Vader series over to the headset.  He received the Vader series for free and they still wouldn't transfer to me due to his situation.   Not cool.  I thought Oculus would extend the courtesy considering the situation - but I guess not. 
#NoSympathy #NoCompassion #unfair #HelpABrotherOut #Disappointed

I purchased my OQ from a friend that needed the money so he wouldn't be evicted.
He HAD the Vader series, but had to clear his info off my headset when I bought it from him.  Oculus was told the story BUT WOULD NOT transfer the Vader series over to the headset.  He received the Vader series for free and they still wouldn't transfer to me due to his situation.   Not cool.  I thought Oculus would extend the courtesy considering the situation - but I guess not. 
#NoSympathy #NoCompassion #unfair #HelpABrotherOut #Disappointed

Games belong to the account holder and it's difficult for Oculus to know who's buying and selling second hand Quests for whatever reason, so transferring games between accounts would be problematic. Not to mention the developers of the game are also involved in setting up the rules for how long those games were offered as free so it wouldn't just be Oculus' decision whether they could transfer them. The same thing is true if your friend sold you a PC with a library of Steam games on it.

On the plus side, if your friend finds himself in a position to re-purchase a Quest, he'll have his games ready and waiting for him, so in that respect Oculus is preserving your friend's software assets, they're just not helping you.